1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trying to Figure Out the Value of 4x CET Return Rewards

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Flowers, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Periodically CET in AC has not just multiplier days but also days that are 4x Return Rewards, which is a new new name for what used to be called Bounce Back Cash. I know it's a strong promo but I'm trying to figure out how strong the promo is, in part because I'm not sure of the formula that determines the amount of Return Rewards one earns. If anyone has ideas, comments would be appreciated.

I have no free play coming on Sunday, the next 4x Rewards Day, but this year I want to be more strategic with my CET play. I can't make multiplier days because they are on Mondays and Thursdays (and I work during the week) but 4x Return Rewards are typically on Sundays so I am thinking about heading to AC this Sunday.

2. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can tell you this much, and I hope it speaks adequately well to your point. I live in DC, and Horseshoe Baltimore had a Mystery Rewards thing, where you swiped your card at a kiosk and it told you what your multiplier was (2x-100x). I wound up with 7x. So basically, my normal play resulted in like $100 worth of Rewards Credits instead of, you know, one seventh of that. Was it a big deal? Kinda. But would I have gone out of my way to do it? Probably not. I did it because it fell on a convenient day (Saturday) and the place is about 35 miles from home, and I have other debauchery to engage in while in Baltimore. So I was basically willing to go under the presumption that I would probably get 2x rewards credits, and anything else was a bonus. It was worth it but it wouldn't have been worth some big ordeal just for the RC's.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not seen this, but personally, I do not get too excited about those multiplier days.

Folks get excited when they get 2,000 bonus RCs. They are only worth $20... so.... Nice if you are already going, but otherwise....

Share what the promo says and maybe others can help.

4. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is different than a multiplier day and I think 4x Return Rewards is better than 4x Reward Credits, but I'm not sure because I don't know the Return Rewards formula.

This is what it says generally:

SUNDAY, JANUARY 15, 2017
    Enjoy 4X RETURN REWARDS from your slot play on January 15, 2017 as a special thank you for playing with us at Caesars, Harrah's Resort and Bally's Atlantic City.

And here's the fine print:

4X Return Rewards (formerly known as Bounceback) valid at Caesars, Harrah's Resort and Bally's Atlantic City. Return Rewards earned from 6am, January 15 through 5:59am, January 16 will be multiplied by 4. Offer will be capped at $3,500 in Return Rewards. Void if copied or altered. Official rules available at the Total Rewards Center. Redeeming without play may affect future offers. Must present a valid U.S. Government-issued photo ID and Total Rewards card. Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to change or cancel these events at any time with prior notification to the division.

5. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have that same offer this weekend in Atlantic City. In another prior post I swiped at the Kiosk for (2x-100X) and I got the 100X last year. Unfortunately I had a bad streak and only earned 2,800+ tier credits (1 TR credit for each tier credit) so I earned 280,000 reward points or $2,800 in reward points. I only play VP now and they give 1 tier and 1 TR point. A few years ago when I was also playing slots they used to give bonus reward credits but I had no idea how they kicked in. I'm not aware that they do that anymore. Just figure figure instead of earning 1 cent per reward point you'll earn 4 cents. I'll be at Caesars Saturday - Monday. Monday has a (3X to 100X) multiplier.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  6. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, like you say, it depends on factors, and some of that is what they typically give vs. your coin in.

If I had to roughly estimate, you're theo for the day looks like this:

VP: tier credits earned by VP / 3
    Slots: tier credits earned by slots / 2

Sum those values together and if the 4X return rewards give you a reasonable percentage of that. I doubt I bother unless its 50%. Unless you can add a lot of offers on top of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.