1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trying to book Excalibur

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by nursepower, May 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nursepower

nursepower Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have an offer for 2 comped nights. If I add just July 16-18 , the whole thing is comped. If I add 16-19, 2 nights are comped and I pay for one. If I add 15-18 (which is what I want) it only gives one night comped and the other 2 are paid for. What's the deal with that?

2. grapplefu

grapplefu Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends what your offer says. Sometimes there are restrictions on what nights are comp'd. I think what you're seeing is the 15th(Saturday) isn't available to you as a full comp, so you're getting the offer rate. But it still counts as a "comp" night in regards to your offer. 2nd night is comp'd and you're paying your mlife rate on the 3rd.

If you book online, the system automatically applies your offer to the first 2 nights. If you call, they can manually adjust it so the last 2 nights are comp'd but you'd be paying whatever your mlife rate is on the 1st night. Which could end up being more than what you would've paid before.

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think what @grapplefu says is probably correct, it's kind of a bug. I think TR does something similar in some cases.

Their software tries to apply the comp starting with the first night of your trip. It should be able to recognize the situation where you don't qualify (for whatever reason) to get the first night comped, and apply the comp to the 2nd and 3rd nights instead. But it doesn't do that.

I wouldn't bother booking it online first, I'd just call. The should be able to book you so it's Tier Discount - COMP - COMP for those nights, or you might catch a break and they'll comp the first two and have you pay for the 3rd, which will probably be cheaper.

You could also try booking the offer online for the 15th and 16th, and then make a separate tier discount reservation for the 17th. But I think you'll find it still won't comp you for the 15th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.