1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip to remember, honor and celebrate my Father, 4/30-5/4 (Live)

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Bobbo2009, Apr 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbo2009

Bobbo2009 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. Luck finally found me a little tonight. Still chasing that damn royal though.

2. Bobbo2009

Bobbo2009 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks and your welcome. Still chasing that sweet royal. I'll catch her tonight or tomorrow. I'm not leaving without it.

3. Bobbo2009

Bobbo2009 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do the exact same. Learned a long time ago that more people read then reply. I'm always happy to get the replies, but just knowing that others are enjoying the read is better.

4. Bobbo2009

Bobbo2009 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Crazy night tonight, without drunkenness after sushi. I'll post an update soon. Some more loses, a couple big wins to get me just ahead for the trip. Plus a lot if Dad moments for us.

• Like Like x 4
  5. abraxis

abraxis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good comeback! Looking forward to reading about your moments and the wins

6. biggiesteve

biggiesteve Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a great trip so far. Congrats on finally turning the luck around!

7. Bobbo2009

Bobbo2009 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok. So where did I leave off. After dinner we took an Uber to the Golden Nugget. Most of the trip I took with my dad we stayed downtown. The Nugget and the 4 Queens. My plan was to hit both of them, MSS and the D. We walked through the GN but I don't recall playing anything. On to the 4Q.

Walked around in there. Found an old Pinball slot. My wife's favorite. Threw $20 in there for her. I did get one round of pinball, but those 5 balls never landed in anything good. My cousin thought it was cool. Next played some at one of the bars, don't remember the name. I remember sitting here for hours playing VP with my dad. He would have his vodka and me my bud light. This was well before I found craft beers. I made sure to order a bud light like the old days. No big hits but did grind out a few extra bucks. While my cousin played roulette I tried some VP at Chicago brewery. Nothing going on there. On to MSS.

On our way we walked through the Golden Gate. My cousin thought the dancing dealers were funny. We stopped upstairs at the Cal to use the restroom. The VP quarter progressive was getting close to $1,800 so I threw in $20. I didn't hit the Royal, but did his 2's or 4's 4OAK. Sorry, no pic. Cashed out shortly and made our was in to MSS.

While here I specifically had to play the Treasure Chest VP machines. On trips my dad and I would sit there for hours next to each other hit 4OAK's and seeing who could get more scratch cards. One particular trip, when we were done playing, he looks down to around my machine and asks how many bottles of beer I had. There were only 15 bottles. He was shocked I could still stand. We always laughed about that day when we talked about our trips.

I did get one 4OAK and a $2 scratcher. I let my cousin pick the treasure chest. I was happy to get at least one for dad. Now it was time to wander downtown a bit.

We hit the D and I showed my cousin Signature Derby. She lived it. Of course it was too busy to get on. We decided to grab a drink at the bar and play some VP. I cashed out down, she cashed up $2!! Big winner. On to making dad a permanent resident if downtown Vegas.

We went to the 4Queens and I sprinkled a little of dad in front of the places. We had some great times there and it was a fitting place. We went in had another drink and some VP. Not sure how I did but I think I broke even. Made our way to our final stop, Golden Nugget.

Just like at 4Q, sprinkled a little of dad in front. We stayed here on our first trip together. It will always hold a special place for me. Then we said goodbye to dad and made our way back to the strip.

Not many pics since my cousin arrived. Here are two though. One is of us downtown. The other is my treasure chest 4OAk.

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  8. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's cool!

9. win4me

win4me Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoying your TR. Condolences on the loss of your Dad. Love how you are revisiting your old stomping grounds with him (and leaving some of him in your cherished places).

10. Bobbo2009

Bobbo2009 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I thought it would be fitting to hit the spots that stuck out and we talked about over the years.

11. Bobbo2009

Bobbo2009 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok. Back to the end of last night. So, we got back to the Flamingo and hit up 4 card poker. For me, great! For my cousin, not so good.

Best hand of the night right before we called it quits. I look down at my hand and see 4 hearts and a diamond. OK!!! I'm like "flush! Finally a winner". Well, it got better. Once the dealer flipped over my cards I realized it was a straight flush!!!! 6-9. Holy Crap!!! Big winner. I figured that had to get me close to even or just down by around $100 for the whole trip.

Shortly after that we cashed out. My cousin went to bed and I hit the Cromwell for one final VP session. Ended my night with a 4oak.

Got some pizza for a late night snack and called it a night. Counted the funds in the room and I was actually ahead for the trip. Woo Hoo![​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bobbo2009

Bobbo2009 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This morning my cousin slept in. I had a couple of loosing vp sessions. Once she got up we made our way to Cosmo. I've been wanting to try Eggslut and I had some FP to use up.

Sandwich was excellent. Just wow!!! Not much more than a 15 minute wait. I will hit them up on the next trip.

We ended up going all the way down to the Luxor and back. No luck anywhere we played. Drink service sucked at NYNY. We sat at that table for a while and the pit critter was surprised no cw was coming around.

Now back at the flamingo all freshioned up. Going to play some more VP and have a cigar before dinner!

13. Bobbo2009

Bobbo2009 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At TAG. An IPA and a cigar. Now how about some VP luck.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bobbo2009

Bobbo2009 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why why why do I continue to play at TAG????? I have never won a cent here. I love the beers, but I can't hit sh&& to keep me playing for more then a beer or two. Argg!!!!!

(Me talking to myself right now:. Calm down calm down buddy. No need to go on tilt. You are only down a couple of bills this trip. No need to do something stupid. Go home with money)

(Me responding to myself:. SCREW THAT!!! Break out the kettle one and let's dump $100's in these to win!!!!)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Bobbo2009

Bobbo2009 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just got done having a beer and nachos at the Beer Park. Great nachos. Now on to some gambling before getting changed for our last night.

16. jsn1992

jsn1992 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go get your Royal!

17. Bobbo2009

Bobbo2009 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hell yes I will!!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoying your adventure.

19. Bobbo2009

Bobbo2009 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Getting changed for the night. Going to hit dad's favs. Here at the flamingo, Cromwell , Bally's and Caesars. Also plan to hot casa Fuente for a cigar and mojitos. Two biggest plans for the night are to make dad a permanent resident of the strip and WIN BIG!!!!!

20. Bobbo2009

Bobbo2009 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I appreciate you following along. Hoping to make it a fun, exciting final chapter with a crap load of winning!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.