1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip Report Rules/Guidelines

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Sonya, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sorry to hear you've given up on us, Tammy. There are some TR's on the board that start early in the Misc Vegas Section with trip planning. We try not to move them over to the Trip Report section until they are live. It's pretty simple to mark the other posts as read and just keep up with the live part of the thread. Also, there aren't many who do their trip reports this way. Usually they are labled "live" and zillions of pages long. If that's not to your liking, there are plenty of other TRs that are not as "chatty" and more Day One - Day Two - etc.

As far as the cool kids argument, I hear these comments every time there's a big group meet up. It feels like you're kind of on the outside because everyone seems to know each other. But the truth is that most of these board meets are full of "new friends". People are almost always welcome to meet up and join in.

There are a lot of different TRs going on right now and it can be a bit much. When The Buffoons (TM) go, we usually just have one person who is trying to do a TR live and others join in, but whatever works. I love any kind of TR.

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking at the glass and it is half full. Since I started skipping every live TR, I waste much less time reading VMB posts.:thumbsup:

Our 36th anniversary, an Oct tradition
    Thanksgiving
  3. journaljim

journaljim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoy the variety of the style and content of the TRs. I am very comfortable with my command of the "Back" button so if I don't find a particular TR useful or entertaining, I simply don't go back.

Also, I want to say a big Thank You to Sonya for running the board. I suspect it is largely a thankless job but I sure do appreciate it being here.
    Jim

4. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is like having Dish / Direct TV......we have a remote. There are lots of things we skip over or try a small sample.....I am sure there are others watching intently as we change channels. The live trip reports become more interesting for us the closer we are to our next trip.

You have to have uniqueness for the reports to avoid the cookie-cutter product. Surely there are some compatibility for everyone without having to waste too much time searching.

1/2 solo 1/2 with significant other
    SWA made me do it!!
  5. RTG10

RTG10 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you've nailed it for me, I'm relatively new to the forum but I'm going to LV in 7 weeks and the Live TR's make me feel like I'm living vicariously through others by their very nature. With that said I've also enjoyed a couple of static TR's as well but live is a definite preference for me.

6. mrjvegas

mrjvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love me some TR's......cool kids or no cool kids. All good in this hood. I'll be live in 24 hours:evillaugh

40th Birthday Party at Da Cosmo!!
  7. FullPay

FullPay This one time, in Vegas, when I was drinking...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of the one line comments are just Facebook likes for the live TR poster, trying to encourage the poster while participating in the experience. Thinking of trying one, would hate to come back every four hours to silence. As a reader I usually scroll through until I find the OP. It would be great if a live trip report could be edited for this, but it's not like technology is our friend.

8. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting comment, FullPay. I'm working with some new software for the board right now and I'd like to see if this is something we can do. Are you suggesting we find a way to make only the OP's posts show up in a Trip Report thread so you can bypass all the commentary?

9. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that being able to "turn off/on" the other posters would be great. It would make the longer TRs so much easier to read/follow.

10. Franken Dean

Franken Dean Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for everything thing, Sonya.
    I love all the trip reports, good, bad, crazy. I am a low roller gambling degen. I use to hit Vegas 3 times a year, now only once a year. these trip reports fill in my emptiness. I also crave this site to keep me caught up with the ever changing town. I will be in Mecca in March and will be with 5 other low roller degens. I will submit a TR for the beer drinking low rollers.

11. Mrazzo

Mrazzo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I plan on trying a TR from my cell for my upcoming adventure. Any advice on how to add photos would be appreciated.

Annual Birthday trip
  12. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tapatalk seems to be the app of choice to help you do that

13. Mrazzo

Mrazzo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!!

Annual Birthday trip
  14. jENBEAU

jENBEAU High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dumb question: how do I add picture when I post? It asks for a URL so I can't just upload the pic? I'm using my desktop. Thanks!

15. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a restriction for our newer members. I've got it on my list to find a solution to that. Currently, until you have 10 posts, it won't let you upload an attachment and requires you use an image already uploaded to the internet somewhere.

16. jENBEAU

jENBEAU High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Sonya! I guess I'll add inane comments until I can post my trip report!

17. crm1310

crm1310 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    New to site, learning about how to post TR

Hi, from reading some comments i have learned a bit already but wonder the best way to post a live TR. Is it to use an app of any kind to access the site or just the web browser on the phone? I wont have a lap top with me. Would like to do a live TR. Thanks for the comment above about adding app for pictures, will make a much better TR. Any other advise would be great. Thanks!

Lets do it again
  18. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are about to transition to some new software that has a much better mobile platform and should make uploading photo attachments from your phone much easier. However, most people here use Tapatalk for their live TRs. I think most use the free version, but others can let you know for sure.

I think the biggest piece of advice for a live Trip Report is to be sure you're willing to follow through on it. I know we get a lot of comments when people start a Live TR with "I'm here! I'm here!" a few photos, and then radio silence. :haha:

19. cvkelz

cvkelz Extremely Low Roller- like, I barely roll at all.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry if this is a silly questions that has been addressed elsewhere, but can we post old trip reports here in the forum? I am new to the board, but always document my trips. I have had such a great time reading all the TR's that I want to contribute as well, but all my trips are in the past until November.
    Thanks in advance. :-D

Our Annual Trip
  20. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, still lots of good info and reading. I would put the dates (something like November 2015) of the trip in with the title of the trip report too.