1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Tournament of Kings Reward Redemption Troubles

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by M_ILIS, Sep 30, 2021.

1. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Today I happened to get the free Tournament of Kings reward as well as the 50% off two tickets to Tournament of Kings reward, which conceivably would allow me to get three tickets for the price of one. Redeemed the free ticket reward with no issue and then tried to redeem the other and the Mlife site said something to the effect of "Are you trying to replace an existing reservation?" and wouldn't let me proceed with booking the other reward.

So then I called the support number and was told that two different rewards cannot be used on the same show, so I asked to speak to a manager. Waited on hold a while and then a manager came on and told me a bunch of inaccurate information or else the reward rules have all significantly changed recently. First she told me both rewards are premium rewards (they are not), then she told me you can only redeem one premium reward every 30 days (it's actually at least 3), and then she told me all of your premium rewards need to be in different reward categories -- one can be for hotel, one can be for dining, one can be for shows.

When I told her I've been redeeming rewards since 2014-ish and that's never been the case, she said she's worked for MGM since 2019 and it's been that way the whole time she's worked there.

Am I crazy or what happened?

2. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well she's definitely wrong about the premium reward stuff, but I can see how redeeming multiple rewards for the same show might cause the system to go haywire and they might misunderstand what you were trying to do. I think convincing them to accommodate you might be more trouble than it's worth. Is there someone else in your party with loyalty points who might be able to redeem one while you redeem the other?

3. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, that's what we did is ended up getting the second reward on my wife's account, but I was mainly posting about the bizarre "rules" that a manager tried to tell me are accurate when they clearly are not. The other irony is that every time I've had to call on a MV redemption previously, the customer service people have been incredibly friendly and helpful. The first person today seemed to take joy in telling me I was unable to use the second reward, and then the manager was incredibly misinformed about the rules.

4. midliferetired

midliferetired High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Clearly wrong since people and myself have done premium rewards together in one trip since the reopening. The most popular seems to be myKONAMI freeplays.

If you want to drive yourself nuts keep going to the rewards desks and ask the same question. You'll get different people with different (mis)understandings. Playstudios doesn't help matters when the terms and conditions are inconsistent or out of date. They will tell you they are only doing what the partner (MGM) wants. The situation is worse now that there are new employees due to the pandemic and desks being moved to the cashier area and eventually going to 24 hours.

It's possible there's some technical issue preventing the ToK redemption. Or just try to get another person. They might know some trick or are just willing to use their discredition to do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. midliferetired

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe this is nothing but I tried to redeem the myKONAMI $25 freeplay that doesn't require a stay. After over an hour(!) in line at Luxor, they said I'm restricted because I have a myKONAMI redeemed within the last 30 days. It was at Mandalay Bay. She was surprised and check with another worker. Since I waited so long she took pity on me and granted it. Strange happenings at Playstudios.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  6. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How many premium rewards have you used in the last 30 days?

7. midliferetired

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just three which was why the rewards person was surprised. I’m assuming the free ToK was premium. The app says I’m limited to 4. It could be my account. A few months back I tried to redeem the free app with two entrees at International Smoke. MGM computer said it was premium which it wasn’t and I had -1 premium rewards. The rewards person was confused about both things.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021