1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Total Rewards Points for Reservation

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Mike411001, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike411001

Mike411001 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello I have a Total Rewards account and will be going to Vegas in a few weeks for multiple days. I am wondering if I have to make my reservation for Planet Hollywood through their website to get rewards points and also if it's even worth it to do. Hotels.com actually has a cheaper rate available through a promotion but I wasn't sure if it is worth bothering with the points or not. Thank you for your help and yes this is my first post on the website but I have been lurking without signing up for a little while!

2. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm really not sure if you get any rewards pts. for a reservation unless your putting it on the TR credit card. I know you get pts. for purchases, but don't know how it applies to reservations.
    That being said, however CET has a best price guarantee,and will match any advertised prices.

3. jimboguy

jimboguy My sloppy joe is all sloppy and no joe.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with Frank. Call PH and get them to match the hotels.com rate.

Gobble Gobble
  4. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From Totalrewards.com

HOTEL
    Earn 1 Reward Credit for every $1.00 spent on hotel accommodations.

So for every $100 your hotel costs you, apparently you will get $1 in reward credits. I'm 100% certain you would have to book directly with the hotel to get this rather than through someone like hotels.com. At the end of your stay you need a bill from PH. In your current situation you are paying hotels.com which is then paying some of that to PH.

I would agree with calling them up to see if they will price match. If that doesn't work, it is up to you to know if getting that extra $1 per $100 is worthwhile. One oddity would be that I don't think you would get the points for a day after you checkout. So they would be somewhat useless if you aren't expecting to come back within 6 months.

5. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the hotels rate actually cheaper than what you can get if you log into your account online? Make sure you are checking that. You don't need 'offers' - you just need to enter your dates into the calendar & see what rates come up once you are logged in.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you might be able to get a free or reduced rate based on being a member.

7. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. Mike411001

Mike411001 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks a lot everyone, I actually found the same rate through total rewards, just using a different promo code (fb25 for 25% off hotel rate at planet hollywood) if anyone was interested. Can't believe how cheap the rooms are right now!:beer:

9. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still hope you just plugged your dates in while logged in & checked your account that way!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.