1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Top of the World dress code

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by carlyzmom, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. technolight

technolight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty sure that picture is out of an 80s catalogue. To me that is dress down Friday attire.

But each to their own.

2. hetzmr

hetzmr Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate the Eiffel Tower a couple years ago and when we made reservations they made a big deal about dress code. When we got there they put us in the elevator with a guy in jeans, cowboy boots and a t shirt. When we got to the top I made a lot of noise about the dress code and lack of enforcement. We ended up with a great table not sure where the other guy sat.
    Bottom line if you have cash or plastic in your pocket they'll let you in.

3. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People who schlub around wearing inappropriate clothing just love to use the lines "we are just casual kinds of people" and "my money spends as good as theirs". What they're actually doing is demonstrating how little regard they have for others. All the money in the world can't make someone act classy, but it doesn't cost a thing to choose classy behavior for yourself.

4. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

You can hate that outfit, but that is smart casual. If a restaurant calls for it you should expect to see people dressed like that. Personally I think it's wrong to deride other diners as under-dressed when they are meeting the requirements asked by the restaurant. If that makes you uncomfortable than you should vote with your dollars and take your business elsewhere.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  5. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Deleted due to changing my mind about something. Biting my tongue....

6. KnotGillty

KnotGillty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For what it's worth, I've been to Top of The World for dinner 6+ times. Each time, at least one person in our party wore nice jeans and a button down shirt with dress shoes. Never had any problems . . .

7. carlyzmom

carlyzmom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what I figured. We aren't back woods, country folk. He just wears nice jeans and button downs to work. I see it silly to buy a pair of khakis to wear once!

Thanks for everyone's input.

8. carlyzmom

carlyzmom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While I appreciate your input, I have never paid any attention to what others are wearing. I'm there for dinner with my husband and could care less about what other people are doing. Although you are certainly entitled to your opinion....I guess we can agree to disagree :peace:

9. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just checked Top of the World's website, and it says "business casual" for dinner. Therefore, I do not think jeans are appropriate even if you can get away with it.

That said, someone wearing jeans wouldn't impact the enjoyment of my meal there.

10. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The bottom line is - for better or worse - pretty much anything goes in Vegas today [even if personally I'm in the "for worse" camp]

But in light of the ongoing debate, just thought I'd throw this link into the mix: :stir:

http://www.eatinglv.com/2010/09/slobs-at-le-cirque/

[though it should also be noted that the "slobs" in the link above are in fact both wearing khakis - so the question of proper attire really does come down to more than jeans vs. no jeans]

11. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol, what a snob. Not you Jilly.:peace:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.