1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tom Brady

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by FormallyTD, Jan 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. rdwoodpecker

rdwoodpecker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pats look to draft a qb in this years draft, probably try to trade up but that may have it’s problems. Re-sign Brady for 2 years and see what your drafted Qb has learned.

3. NittyOne

NittyOne VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don’t know feel like Pats never had a ton talent around him but Brady and Bill would overcome that and make any receiver look good. Given they had Gronk probably the best TE to ever play and Moss for several years but who else? Arguably the third best receiver he’s ever had is still on the team.

It’s not as bad as Peyton his last season but he’s definitely lost a few steps. I’d be shocked if he’s not back but I don’t think he’ll be throwing up crazy numbers like he use to unless he battling through some type of injury we’re unaware of and he makes a recovery over the offseason.

4. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think he will take it year by year going forward, but I'd be pretty surprised if he's not back next year.

I also think there's a solid chance that Gronk comes back next year. He obviously still has some good football left in him if he chooses; I think Brady convinces him to come back next season for one last ride, now that he's had a year off to rest and recover.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He can play a couple more years.

Always IFs and it's not an excuse, just an explanation, but they were cursed at receiver this year. Gronk gone, Gordon couldn't stay clean, Antonio Brown couldn't behave for more than 1 week. We were looking at an embarassment of riches at receiver in September and it all went to shit.

Once the cupcake first half of the season was over, it was obvious the rest of their receivers except Edelman sucked. So teams just doubled Edelman and nobody else could get open or catch.

And Brady's never had a problem throwing the ball away, but he finally got frustrated and started trying to force it in and ended up making more bad decisions this year than any I can remember, even though he didn't have a ton of INTs.

It was an off year despite the hot start. If it wasn't for the fact that there's a decent chance everything's gonna get broken up, you'd look at it and say it's eminently fixable. More likely, it's over. Which is gonna suck.

Bright side :thumbsdown: gives me more flexibility on winter Vegas trips instead of being planned around the divisional and conference championship weekends every year.

7. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All you have to do is take out Gronk and then look at all the HOFers or all pro TE, WR, RB as Brady's weapons and I am guessing he has had 1 or 2 over 15-20 years?

9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's true, but you don't have to be HOF to fuckin' run a route correctly or hold onto the ball.

10. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which most of what he had this year didn't.

• Like Like x 1
  11. NittyOne

NittyOne VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don’t know I know you guys love TB but he’s had worse receiving cores and done better. It was an off year for him, likely due to age.

12. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not in love with ANY sports person. If I remember right I think TB has had elbow and a foot problem this year ie you are 42. LOL

13. jon_vegas

jon_vegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to agree that this year, he may be lacking in receiving talent than years past. But tired of people saying he never had receivers his entire career. Gronk is the single biggest mismatch on the field. Moss. Welker. Edelman. Branch. Troy Brown (not the other Brown). even Hernandez paired up with Gronk - it's hard enough to guard 1 TE, how can you defend against 2? not to mention his receiving RBs. Yes, Brady (and Bill) made them look better, that's what a great QB does but a system can only do so much, the receivers still need to be talented, and that's what these players are. It's not ALL because of Brady and it's never all because of the receivers either.

14. fudgewapner

fudgewapner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I grew up in RI so I'm obviously a massive homer, but we'll likely not see anyone on his level for quite some time. Contending he's not the best QB of all time is really insane in my book. Winning matters. He's won more playoff games than all but 4 other teams. Winning with a completely different cast of characters. The Atlanta SB down 28-3 was an amazing instance of maniacal self belief pointing to his desire and ability to win.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
  16. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My personal feeling about Brady are neutral. It is hard to me to dislike somebody I do not even know. But I do give him great for being one of the greatest players ever to play the game. I have a feeling that he may not want to go out as a loser and may decide to come back for one more season. But then, I hope he is smart enough to know that 42 years old his body cannot take too much more punishment. He has nothing to gain by coming back. I also hope he realizes that in all the years of winning, he had the players to back him up. That will not be the same next season. I admire how Brady has conducted himself on and off the field. More players should conduct themselves like him. Whatever Brady decides I wish him the best. Do not be surprised if we see him in a broadcast booth next season.

17. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well the only way to go out a winner is to win the Super Bowl. Unlikely for him at this point imo.

18. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Greatest of all time...hard to compare past eras. Greatest of the era including Elway Favre etc no doubt about it he is the greatest

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Babe Ruth was only 6 years older than Brady when he died of cancer.

So what, you say.

So what, indeed.

Lou Gehrig was the greatest baseball player of all time. He died at the age of 37. They even named the disease after him.

So what, you say.

So what, you say.

So what, indeed.

On the other hand, Gordie Howe lived to be 88.

So what, you say.

So what, indeed.

20. NittyOne

NittyOne VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He can’t retire yet,

[​IMG]

I saw a meme earlier this week with a cartoon of a guy hunched over a computer. His wife asks if he’s going to bed and he responds, “can’t yet need to defend Brady’s legacy”. Thought this would be appropriate for here but couldn’t find it, sorry guys.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.