1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tom Brady Suspended

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by UKFanatic, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ski-doo_rider

ski-doo_rider Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope never heard of her

2. srudude87

srudude87 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Goodell says decision may happen next week. I just hope he waits until after Tuesday when I'm in town. I really want to bet that 10 1/2 over. Wednesday would be a perfect day to announce. I want to see if any place increases the payout.

3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, that was a patently absurd statement. If you want to say it ends the Rice as GOAT argument you at least have a case to make.

Rice was only in the NFL for 2 of Montana's 4 SB titles, including a rout of Marino's Dolphins in his record setting season. That's without even getting into how widely stickum was used or the 10000 other cheats players do and get away with, and the fact that you are going by association and talking about what only one of Montana's receivers did.

Brady belongs in the HoF in spite of having cheated. He is in the discussion among the greatest, its just a shame that he did this.

As for the Wells report evidence, it was always going to be sketchy. That's what happens when you have to investigate something that you had no procedures to measure in advance, and draw scientific conclusions from non scientific measurements. It is also what happens when the bar for burden of proof is set at a civil law level. But to believe he did nothing wrong is to believe in a fabulous string of absurd unlucky coincidences, and then further believe he bungled his own handling of the matter almost as completely as a person can.

4. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol I don't have any anti patriots propaganda. I just think its absurd to call out Montana as the GOAT when your QB was just reprimanded for cheating and your organization has a history of cheating.

That said, I'm a fan of Brady and don't have any issue with the Patriots.

5. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Struck a nerve, eh?
    And don't forget that Montana admits his offensive linemen used illegal silicone spray on their jerseys so defensive linemen couldn't gat a grip on them, so not just one receiver but his WHOLE offensive cheated!
    There is no evidence the Patriots footballs were even deflated, so how could Brady have cheated? Even the NY Times and Washington Post and AEI say so.
    Free Brady Now!

6. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really. GOAT discussions are for arguments, and this is an argument. Your argument in this case is absurd, but the notion that any claim that can be made may have struck a nerve if anyone disagrees is kind of silly.

Keep trying.

No, none of them say there is no evidence. They simply question the conclusions of the wells report and whether the evidence is sufficient. And AEI focused only on the science. There is plenty of evidence.

I mean, if no one had used a pressure gauge on any ball the day of the game, you would still have a pretty significant circumstantial case, using only the emails of the assistants combined with the behaviour of the deflator on game day, and his lying about it to investigators, getting called out on the first lie and trying a second one. Couple that with Brady basically acknowledging that it doesn't make sense for an equipment guy to do that without the QB knowing and that is pretty solid on a preponderance of the evidence standard. Its probably enough on the deflator (and thus the Pats) and only a real question of whether its enough on Brady.

And by your Montana arguments, it doesn't really matter if Brady did it himself, since apparently anyone on the team cheating invalidates a QB from GOAT.

7. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hahahaha...I think all of your arguments are absolutely ludicrous and make no logical sense whatsoever. :thumbsdown::vomit:
    Free Brady Now!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.