1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tipping the Golden Gate airport Limo pick up?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Here2Learn, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Here2Learn

Here2Learn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey everyone

Has anyone ever been picked up from the airport by golden gates complimentary limo? My host set one up for this trip and I was wondering what do I tip? Any experiences?

Thanks
    Alex

2. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't speak to Golden Gate. I used to be Platinum with Grazie which got you complimentary limo to/from the airport, and I tipped $20 each way. I did the same tip when I would use Presidential Limo, which my ex and I did when we were not Platinum or were staying one leg at another place. I think thats a fairly standard tip for limo service. On the rare occasion I had an additional request (make a stop on the way, etc) I would tip more. For example on one occasion our limo driver took us to the Welcome to LV sign for a photo op, or the last time I was in Vegas my driver took me by Allegiant Stadium and parked so I could get out and take some pics. Both those trips I tipped $40.

3. Here2Learn

Here2Learn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That works thanks!

4. finsfanscott

finsfanscott Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Golden Gate uses the same limos as TheD. I have had a "regular" Suburban, the "party limo" (flashing disco lights and a stocked bar) and even the giant party bus (seats 20 or so with a full bar).

I think the standard pick up is planned for the party limo, and I got the other cars when the limo was already in route. I know I got the bus because it had just dropped off a group of 12, it was odd having just two people in the back of that big bus!

As mentioned above, I give $20 each way, to either TheD or Gate, or if they take me to the strip. Drivers always seem pleased, guess some folks don't tip at all.

Because I'm cheap, I typically take the limo FROM the airport, so I can get my vacation started right when I land, and I take the $2 WAX bus back to the airport, since I can plan my bus time with my flight time. Need to check if they are still operating the same schedule, I had heard at one time they cut back on many routes/times.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. fabriano

fabriano Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me...Comped Palazzo limo from airport---$25. Hotel to airport---$20. $20 tip each way is perfectly fine. I know folks who tip $10 each way.

6. Jer

Jer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends for me... I like talking to the driver and making a stop or two if that is allowed. In the Cosmo pick up last year, there were 4 of us and he made two stops. We figured $60 was a good amount for his time and he was happy. If it’s just me, probably 20 per way sounds about right.

#fuckcovid19
  7. subafrk

subafrk Longing to be sipping a Scotch at the Cromwell...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I chatted for a few minutes with the limo driver for The D during my 30+ minute lyft wait last weekend. I really just wanted to pick his brain as my host offers me the limo, but I never take it. He kind of danced around the answer when I asked what an average tip was for the driver was but when I threw out $20/trip, he stated that it was perfectly acceptable. I wasn't sure if he was just saying that to be polite, but after reading this thread I feel pretty comfortable. Also, with the current rideshare situation in Vegas, I'd def suggest using this option if it is available.

Is it open yet?
    SEMA Week
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I normally stay at Caesars. My host arranges for a Limo both ways, sometimes it's on my annual retreat. My friends & I normally give $20-$30. Usually $30; if I'm solo $25. Unless it's Bob who doesn't store nor remove baggage from the trunk.

• Funny Funny x 1