1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thoughts On This Laptop

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Breeze147, May 18, 2017.

1. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Acer Aspire E - 5.

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably need a link or more details like RAM, processor, hard drive, etc. Looks like a lot of different E-5 Acer models out there.

3. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know how to cut and paste on my iPhone.

4. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tons of different models. Acer wouldn't be my first choice for a laptop. HP would be a better option, but without knowing what you're planning to do with the laptop and what your budget is, it's hard to help.

5. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Internet, music, Steam download games. Stream videos. This model looks good for gaming and is in my budget.

6. abraxis

abraxis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are only really a few things that you will really need to concern yourself with. Obviously nothing is more annoying then a slow computer. two main components will control this. the processor and the ram.

if you arent gaming and all this then most computer will be pretty similar. by gaming I mean playing the games these kids play with super high graphics and such. if you are just using it like the rest of us then no need to fork over big bucks.

What you really need is something that will basically last you for 2-3 years. thats about the life of them.

I would not overly worry about the processor as they are mostly powerful enough for your needs. so that leave us with lots of ram.

Keep in mind now that with a desktop you wil get way more bang for the buck. i have a laptop that i sue, on my desk, never used it anyplace else so I dont really need it, if you use it in one place then just get desk top because you get more for the price.

Minimum is 8 gigs of ram, minimum. I have that on my now older desktop and it works great with everything I do and that includes youtube, hacked videos and all. Of course 16 of ram would be better as that will last you for the next couple years with fine performance.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, even at my advanced age, I still like to play Call of Duty, Deus Ex and a few others.

Thanks for the help!

10. runningonthehub

runningonthehub Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like a decent enough, basic laptop. The price on Amazon looks a bit high for me. You might be able to find the same specs for a lower price.
    I am not a fan of Acer, though.

11. MiamiDave

MiamiDave Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, looks solid. Any laptop you look at should definitely have 8gb of RAM at the least (and that one does). Having it expandable to 16gb is a nice feature if you keep it for a decent amount of time.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pea

Pea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't you get one of those internet sticks for your TV instead for the things you want to do? I don't know if you can do gaming with those though.