1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thinking of adding a day

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by IWannaBeInVegas, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Already booked June 8-12 but I found I can get a night downtown on Sunday June 7 for a round 30-50 bucks, I can change my flights with Southwest since the fare for Sunday is the same and that would give me an extra night and some time downtown that maybe hard to get with all of my other plans. I would have to pay additional to Bell Trans VIP for the ride and change my reservation which I do not think would be an issue. I would have to take a later flight into Vegas because I am sure I am working that Sunday morning plus to keep the fare, around 630pm Vegas time for arrival. It would be a small hit to the budget, but I think its doable. That would be a night of just doing the downtown thing, photos, fireplace and such but not much else, next day would be a check out and going to PHO which would require either bus or taxi and then I would have two nights there and then two nights at MB.

Thoughts?

2. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bit the bullet and went ahead and did it. Instead of leaving at 740am on Monday morning, I will leave at 515 on Sunday night. That will give me time to spend downtown, booked at the Golden Gate (I know, not a top place) for $21 bucks for the night plus resort fees.

3. crasher11

crasher11 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We fly in late (10:30pm) on June 7 and will be staying downtown at the D for 4 nights. First time staying on fremont, always just made a day trip out of it !!

4. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am staying the one night, I did that in 2011 at the Golden Nugget and liked it. I was just going for Cheap and may change to the D instead as well, I am going to look again later at the rates. I just changed my reservation with Bell Trans for my VIP pick up and my flight with SWA. I could have taken an earlier flight but I am unsure if I am working that day and do not want to be leaving work early if I do not have to.

5. crasher11

crasher11 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are flying out late because one of the guys has a son playing in a baseball tourney that day. Looking forward to staying at the D, always had a good time down there on previous trips. Might have to meet up and have a drink !!

6. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm flying what I consider late because I think I will be working that day and do not want to call off. Iv never got in later than 215 or so. I may change to the D but I doubt it, it's just a room for a shower and a little sleep for one night. I do not plan on doing much that night except enjoying the night life downtown. I'd be open to grabbing a drink but fair warning my drink choice may not included alcohol because I don't drink much

7. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very cool! Last summer we extended the beginning of one of our trips by two days and once we got there, it was a great feeling knowing we originally would have still been sitting home waiting for our trip to begin. Bonus Vegas Time is a good thing!

8. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few of my friends and co-workers thinks I am crazy and maybe I am. They say I will get bored. But I have plenty planned and this extra night will get me my Fremont St time that I wanted but was not sure I would be able to get to with everything else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.