1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thinking about GREGRIO

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by dbueler, Dec 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in a hotel room, traveling on business as usual and for some reason, I thought about GREGRIO. He was one of the most helpful chat board member, our ROCK on the best seats for every show. So much so I contemplated posting this in the Entertainment section.

I was fortunate enough to meet Greg for breakfast several years ago when vacationing in Vegas with my teens. Greg and I made plans to meet Sionow at Mon Ami Gabi for breakfast, I was staying at the Orleans with a rental car and Greg was staying at.... hello... The Rio! LOL. I told Greg I would swing by the Rio to pick him up and described myself and the rental car.

My teens slept until noon everyday (eye roll) so I told them I'd be having breakfast on the strip with a couple of guys from the LVA chat board, and BTW I was picking one up at the Rio and giving him a lift. My kids were horrified! Mom letting a ":stranger" she'd only met online into her car?? I explained I personally knew people who had met him many times, he's a great guy! They just didn't understand that everyone knew GREGRIO!

We had a fantastic breakfast on the patio and we visited for hours like old friends.

Thought I'd post this here and another chat board he frequented, Fflowers and I will definitely make a toast in his honor during our Christmas trip!
    diane

• Like Like x 8
  2. DRPinVA

DRPinVA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We never met Greg in person, but I interacted with him via this board a lot. He was always, always helpful and always as friendly as he could be. I'm sure he thrived on being able to give good advice to myself and probably hundreds of others here. Certainly miss his contributions.

3. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Greg was one of the many gems this board has seen over the years. God bless his contributions.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much for posting Dbueler.

I remember having breakfast with Gregrio and a Vegas musician friend of his New Year's Eve at MAG a few years ago. I hadn't yet decided on my plans for the evening and was planning to just have dinner solo and gamble. Stevie Wonder was playing at the Cosmopolitan NYE and I love Stevie but figured there was no way I could get a ticket at the last minute.

Gregrio looked at me like I had four heads and said YOU MUST GO SEE STEVIE WONDER! I AM GOING AND WE CAN HANG OUT IN THE CROWD!

Following orders, after breakfast I walked over to the Cosmopolitan and lucked out being able to buy a single ticket. It was the most I have ever paid for a concert ticket and it was worth every penny. In 25 years of going to Vegas and seeing a lot of shows that NYE concert is in my top three, maybe two, of all time.

I think I saw Gregrio in the crowd just once. Almost all of the tickets were standing room only and Stevie performed from 11 pm until well past 1:30 am. I was exhausted and finally just could not stand and scream from his great performance any longer and left around 1:40 am. Stevie was still going strong.

That day was the last time I saw Gregrio. I have such great memories of meeting him, that trip with Dbueler, also winning!, and especially that concert, which I probably never would have experienced but for Gregrio urging me to go.

He is missed indeed and we will toast him Dbueler in a few weeks, I think including having a Sinatra Smash at one of the final performances of Showstoppers. Gregrio would love that as he loved musicals and was a great fellow Vegas lover and LVA and VMB friend.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    Celebrating Life, Family + Friends in Our Beloved Vegas + the Great SW
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always looked to him for information on Vegas shows. He was a kind and gracious man.

6. ant1433

ant1433 Low-Roller

I never met the man, but always agreed with his reviews. Only wish I had the pleasure of meeting him .

7. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember the morning I read the post about his death. We never met but I felt like I knew him.

8. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember him well, although I never met him. He was a valued contributor to the board. Thanks for this chance to remember him!

9. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Greg was a good person and a wonderful resource for show information. He is certainly missed on VMB.

We've lost a few over the years, and probably more we don't even know about. There are a few that I think about regularly and GregRio is one of them. :(

10. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think about him all the time!

11. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A true gentleman and a true expert. And red sneakers to boot!

12. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Greg was always generous sharing his wealth of knowledge....a true gentleman and admired by so many. I sure hope he knew how much respect we all had for him. He os sorely missed....

13. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were fortunate to meet up with Greg on a few trips. Here is a photo of the 3 of us at Aliante back in May, 2011.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  14. crimhead

crimhead Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never got the chance to meet him, but I always read his trip reports on LVA, and was saddened when I found out he had passed away. Still feels like a loss...

15. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A true gentleman!

16. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Greg's username popped up on the Birthday list today. Miss you, Greg! :(

• Like Like x 5
  17. dcrawf

dcrawf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gregrio was an unsurpassed conpendium of theatre information. He must have seen every show that ever played Las Vegas. He was beloved.
    I never met the man but he made you feel welcome no matter the venue. Always happy to share his knowledge and answer any question, especially helpful to the newbies

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A true gentleman. I too wish I could have met him. Yes, Greg always answered every question no matter how small or large.

19. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never go to meet him but asked his advice on shows several times through private messages. He was always more then happy to answer my questions. When I heard he had passed it seemed like I lost a close friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.