1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Sphere Experience/Postcards From Earth

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by MohrPfun, Sep 21, 2023.

1. MohrPfun

MohrPfun VIP Kitty

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Beaujolais Suite - belated Birthday break at Thunder Valley
    Bingo, Bourbon & Ballin' - Summit Suites @ Harrah's Lake Tahoe
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  2. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't follow many Vegas vloggers, but I do like MTM Vegas

They featured a clip from the Sphere movie this past week. Looks like it's visually amazing
    Sphere segment at 11:30

(I tried posting screeshots, but they really don't capture it. At least the video is enough to generate imagination.)

• Like Like x 4
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  3. coluk003

coluk003 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really don't know what it is which brings me to my questions lol.

1. Can you view it from outside(assuming it's showing on the lcds constantly)

2.how long do the shows last?

3. What time do they start?

4. Are the displays different for each "show"?

5. I've heard the encode parking garage top floor is a good place to watch, at this time is that true? And is it safe?( I will not have a car so I can just walk to anywhere it's safe)

Now I do know there is an indoor venue which bands like U2 will preform that's not what I'm talking about.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kdonnel

kdonnel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From some YouTube videos it looks like the elevated walkway between Wynn and Palazzo provides a great/decent view of the exterior.

Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 3.53.55 PM.png

• Like Like x 5
  5. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going to see it in mid Oct - will follow up with details if it isn't cleared up by then.

• Like Like x 3
  6. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Next trip in December and play to check it out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. AllenAndRossi

AllenAndRossi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I KNOW this is going to sound weird.

We've seen the stage, the graphics, the seating, the actual "arena".

I'm curious about the common areas.

What does it look like when you enter? How are the concessions set up? What about the bathrooms?

Does the technology touch those areas? Or are they pretty much standard/like most other arenas?

8. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing firsthand here, but I saw some Instagram pics and video that looked like there was some cool lighting and art/sculptures hanging from the ceiling in the common areas. Sorta reminded me of a hip hotel lobby. I also saw a local Las Vegas news broadcast where they were demonstrating some sort of Ai-powered, "human looking" robot that guests can interact with. (Unfortunately I can't find that video again now; sorry.) Looking forward to seeing it with my own eyes at some point!

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This isn't the video I referenced above, but I just found this with a much better look than what I'd seen before:

• Like Like x 3
  10. Dms79

Dms79 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My host at the Westgate (yes, I'm a hosted player at the Westgate) set me up with tix for Kool and the Gang this Friday. What say you, oh wise one... go to that show or see the Aronofsky movie at the Sphere?

I think I will likely see KatG Friday and see the movie at a later date. I will happily pay $50-75 for that experience (but would never pay $1,000+ to see U2).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kool and the Gang :woohoo:

• Love Love x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. MohrPfun

MohrPfun VIP Kitty

Trips to Las Vegas:
    K&G, 100%!!!

Get down on it, the sphere’s not going anywhere.

Varna Jean Merman is at the Westgate tonight……your GF (and you too) would LOVE her!!!!

She’s brilliantly hilarious and her shows are always a RIOT.

https://varlajean.com/#home-section

Beaujolais Suite - belated Birthday break at Thunder Valley
    Bingo, Bourbon & Ballin' - Summit Suites @ Harrah's Lake Tahoe
    • Like Like x 1
  13. donfairplay

donfairplay VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out The Sphere at sunrise, it's a giant emoji:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Postcard from Earth starts today/tonight, right? Anyone going today or in the next few days? Looking forward to hearing about it.

I can't figure out how the disparity in pricing from section 307 to directly across the aisle in 308 makes any sense. 307 is $169, 308 is $49.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Eleven99isFine

Eleven99isFine VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be going next Thursday.
    In section 406.
    When I booked it, all the seats cost the same...
    Now that it's open, I'm sure people want to experience it outside of a concert.

16. rourou

rourou subterranean roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went Thursday for U2 and back tonight for U2. More to say when I'm home but one thing I noticed (and also posted in the U2 thread) is that my AT&T cell service was *Nonexistent* inside the theater space. Zero, zip not even SOS emergency. My friend who has Boost also has no service in the seats.

17. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw a live stream of the "Postcard from Earth" thing. So, maybe it depends on carrier.

(livestream was not good)

18. kdonnel

kdonnel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw the October 6th 7:00pm showing.

My wife and I arrived through the Venetian convention center. We got there about 6:20pm thinking the doors would open early to allow for the 7:00pm showing to be done in time for the 9:30 pm show to start on time.

Doors opened at 6:30 ish and it was a fire death trap as we all waddled forward through security.

The AI robot was going. It was basically Turtle Talk With Crush, an exhibit that has been at Disney for a dozen or so years. It was still interesting watching the robots interact with the crowd.

For some unknown reason they did not let us go to our seats until 8pm. It got real crowded as a result. Enough so that my wife and I made sure to get near the fire exits. Had there been a loud bang or someone yelled fire, it would have been bad.

They also did not allow anyone to use the grab and go drink and snack stations. Looked like they were opening them for the 9:30 show though.

Once they finally let us in it only took about 20 minutes for everyone to find their seats. We were in section 405, row 13, seats 15 and 16. It is steep!!!! We were mid screen. I think they would be horrible seats for a concert but seemed to be ideal for the movie. The stage was so far away but not used for the movie.

The movie was great, especially when the whole screen was used. A little preachy in subject if that matters to you. It was so clear! The director spoke for a bit before the movie started. He mentioned it was 16k video.

After the show many lingered to take pictures. The ushers were trying to get everyone to leave. There was a woman across the aisle from us who was having a full blown panic attack. She was not able to walk up or down the aisle. I’m not sure how they got her out.

The walkway to the Venetian was jammed. 10000 people were trying to walk out through 10000 people. For concerts it should not be a problem but if the movie will always be really full then having the exit and entrance be the same is problematic.

We found an exit to outside and walked up the road instead of using the interior walkway. There were so many people at the ride share pickup spot. I can’t imagine how long you had to wait for a ride.

I wonder when the 9:30 show started? It was after 9:30 when we walked out and we were not the last out. At least the first night there was not enough time between shows for the second show to start on time.

I’m not sure I would see the movie a second time unless I was traveling with someone who hadn’t been. Hopefully they have a new movie every couple years because I would like to go again.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Skyler

Skyler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to see this on Thursday. Could you tell me how long the show was. It seems like what you said is that it started at 7 and you weren't out of there until after 9:30! Is that because it took so long to get out? I hope they've made some improvements in that respect!

When you say preachy, I'm curious in what way?

Thanks for the first hand info!

• Love Love x 1
  20. rourou

rourou subterranean roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The walkway to Venetian was jammed after the U2 concerts too. We waited for a bit before leaving and it was still a slow crawl back.