1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Orleans tourneys

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by AceRothstein80, Nov 18, 2019.

1. AceRothstein80

AceRothstein80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seen on Poker atlas that they run some non hold em tourneys. Has anyone played in these? Seen HORSE, and a mix of Stud/Omaha hi Lo was on the menu amongst others. I am interested in trying this on my December trip.

Can anyone report on any of these games?

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played in a HORSE tourney there years ago. Levels seemed okay. I played 3 to 4 hours and finished 13th/40.

• Like Like x 2
  3. AceRothstein80

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would like to try HORSE next trip out. I will be easy money for sure!

4. nickle

nickle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played an Omaha high low tourney at the Orleans and ended in the money...proof that the level of competition is soft:cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've not myself, but know a few guys that have been over there, and the general consensus is that it's a decent well run cardroom.

I might dip my toe into mixed game waters next WSOP, if I end up on the strip for the whole trip again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Low-Roller

The room is full of grumpy geezers and my friend dubbed it the Eighth Ring of Hell. If you find yourself at a table between guys named Virgil and Dante, you should ask for a table change.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played there at the end of October and it was a normal card room, until … my table broke and I was moved to one where I, at 69 years of age was the young buck at the table. I caught good cards and got little action.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't played a tournament there, but the cash games contain a lot of low-stakes limit poker with a lot of local regulars and people like me for whom playing without having to worry about getting in over our heads is more important than winning. Hard to win big but also relatively safe from losing big. The most I ever won there was $200 and that was because I happened to be playing when someone at another table won the bad-beat jackpot, (aces full cracked by I think 4 kings) so everyone in the room got a little something. I would guess that the tournament has a lot of the same players. I'm glad to hear that they still have tournaments with stud poker but I have never seen them deal stud cash games, only holdem and omaha.

I believe you can call them to ask about the details.

9. AceRothstein80

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I definitely want to venture over atleast for one of the mixed game tourneys next trip. Hard to find anything like those on the strip.

• Agree Agree x 1