1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The New Frontier? Changes to Frontier Airlines

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Basil, Jun 10, 2024.

1. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got an email touting the change to Frontier. I flew them once awhile ago, so I'm not knowledgeable enough to really tell what the differences are, but know it's a popular option here so figured folks would have some thoughts:

https://www.flyfrontier.com/newfrontier/

The NEW Frontier!

Introducing NEW Transparent Pricing, No Change/Cancel Fees, and Enhanced Customer Benefits and Support.

NEW, TRANSPARENT, BUDGET-FRIENDLY BUNDLE OPTIONS
    The New Frontier' delivers an even better value for your money - from more transparent pricing and no change fees to an enhanced customer experience. This transformation underscores our commitment to providing exceptional value and a superior travel experience.The New Frontier includes:

• *New* Clear, Upfront Pricing and Options: New Economy, Premium, and Business options include benefits like no change fees, bags, seat assignments, and more.
    • *New*No Change Fees: Zero change or cancellation fees for Economy, Premium, and Business customers, offering greater flexibility.
    • *New*Expanded Customer Benefits and Support: Flight credit expiration extended to 12 months, enhanced live phone support, and more.
    • *New* 'For Less' Price Guarantee: Customers who find a lower price elsewhere can receive 2,500 FRONTIER Miles.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im an avid Frontier user (and supporter) and Ive had 95% good experiences. With that being said...

Headed to NOLA Saturday--they canceled out flight back Wed which for us was a perfect time. Was $19 a well. Had to change it to Friday for about 6x the cost and had to add two extra nights as a different hotel.

This AM, my brother in law was supposed to fly from CLE to Pensacola---they canceled the flight when he was already at the gate..hes currently sleeping off the humor on my couch.

• Wow! Wow! x 3
  3. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wait, they cancelled your flight, and made you book (and pay for) a replacement???

• Wow! Wow! x 3
  4. vegaskid74

vegaskid74 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Already at the gate? Holy smokes. And it had nothing to do with weather or a maintenance issue? They just cancelled it because there weren't enough passengers?

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  5. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So this must be part of the New Frontier! :kill:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The flight home was only $19 so I got that as a credit but new flight home is $129 each before the bag lol.

No clue. Weather was good here in CLE. They didnt even send an email (like I got) the only email they sent him was an apology and a refund.

• Wow! Wow! x 2
  7. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. This is one of many reasons I don't fly the deep discount. My schedule is not flexible enough to be able to accommodate an issue like this, or another couple of days before getting home, etc.

It sounds like they could schedule a flight from A to B at 5p for $19 a seat, and another at 6p at $200 a seat. Then just cancel A once everyone is at the airport so they have to book the more expensive option. Other than public shaming I'm not sure what is really stopping them from doing this.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  8. Brandt

Brandt VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why didn’t they rebook you at no cost ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They're not required to... (bolding is mine)
    https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer/fly-rights#Delayed-and-Cancelled-Flights

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  10. bruceb

bruceb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is strange. I have had 3-4 flights cancelled by Frontier and they have always rebooked me on a same day flight. In fact, it just happened either last night or today. I am going to Orlando next week for my granddaughter's v-ball tournament (aau nationals). I am assisting one of her team mates with travel suggestions and noticed that the a.m. direct that I was on is not listed, a p.m. fight is the only direct. I looked at my upcoming flights, and surprise, surprise, surprise...I am now on the p.m. flight. That is my major complaint with Frontier, they will cancel a flight, put you on a different flight, and not contact you.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  11. Mr Bulldops

Mr Bulldops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That UpFront "Business" seating looks very weak. An empty middle seat and economy plus. Either offer business/first class or don't. Also looking at you, Southwest.

Checking out the new Rio!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Philonous815

Philonous815 Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. moongoa

moongoa I need dinner reservations at club 33 Disney

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flew them last year and said never again. Between the extra charges, the annoyance of having them make me shove my LV bag in a metal bin and so on it actually ended up the same price as a regular carrier. I may try the new frontier they need to refigure their program!

UFC303
    Redo
  14. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When they sent me the cancelation email, there was a link to rebook. I was supposed to fly home Wed June 19th, redeye/nonstop. The rebooking options were Tuesday (didnt want to shorten my trip) OR Thursday via the dismal flights in the screenshot below. They wouldnt let me choose Friday as an option (redeye/nonstop) via the link...so I had to go into the app, agree to a credit (since I wanted the flight Friday) and rebook. Besides two extra nights at a hotel, the changed flight cost me $230 total after the bag/credit.

upload_2024-6-11_8-30-34.png

15. PLOfan

PLOfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My last cancellation on Frontier led to a $100 voucher. Extended my trip in Vegas and won $10k, so it worked out.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  16. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't flown Frontier since they lost my bag for a 3rd time some 6 years ago, so I was hoping to see luggage assurance in the highlights of the 'new Frontier'... guess I am disappoint.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  17. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, they are real really highlighting the fact that they weren't transparent before.