1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

the jacksons resedency next at ph

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by paperposter, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That one aint for me i saw Janet at Ceasars a few years ago and tough she was a bore can imagine tito and the boys being any better

3. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Birmingham, England. But born and raised in Bonny
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not for me either, let,s face it the only one in the family with any real talent was Michael who is now sadly gone

4. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first thought was no way but when I saw that it was part of RockTells and Cocktails, I started to waver. First of all, those guys are incredible musicians even though they didn't sing or dance as well as MJ. Secondly and more importantly, they should have a ton of incredible stories to tell, especially considering that they came up with all those Motown greats. I've read a lot about their early years and it would probably be worth it just for the stories.

5. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Michael was the front man but without the rest he would not have been that great.

The majority of the songs all have a great harmony that they provided.

i am curious how they will replace the michael role though as the harmony without him will be boring.

6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they just spent the last year touring without him.
    im sure there are reviews out there

7. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was on a plane about a year ago with Jackie Jackson. He'd just performed at some corporate function in Reno and was headed home to Vegas (Lake Las Vegas). The guy next to him was just quizin' him the whole flight about everything. Jackie was quite the gentleman in politely and informatively talking about the Jackson 5, Michael, etc. for the whole flight with this fella. It was interesting eavesdropping for me. Made for a quick flight.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  8. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    having meet all of the jackson including mom and dad there are some of the nicest most humble people you will ever meet.

i saw the last 2 shows micheal did with his brothers at msg in nyc and they where great it was like 1970 all over again

9. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just received the TR email for 20% off tix. The dh and I were already thinking of going. We grew up with their music....I was born the same month as Michael. No they are not as good as MJ but for us it should be quite enjoyable. I have seen a lot of bashing of this show on other sites....Not sure if any of them have ever actually seen them in concert before or not. We plan on buying tix. Finding a show for our upcoming trip has been hard...we are not Cirque fans and we have seen everything else that we want to see that is currently playing.

10. Caesar

Caesar Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Look for Diana Ross to make a surprise appearance.
    She was the one that started their career, and now, she can do with a little help herself.

11. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some combo of Jermaine, Marlon and Randy would handle lead I would think. And Jermaine has a few R&B hits under his belt that they would probably do as well.

12. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can see this doing well for several shows but I don't think it would necessarily work for a three year gig. But then again, I was wrong about Donny & Marie and they are in the same generation.

13. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i toataly agrree but then donny and marie worked so who knows

14. rsees

rsees Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jacksons-good show!

We just saw the Jacksons this weekend 3/14. The show was good. I think if you are a Jackson fan though Michael is gone it was well worth it. The mom was in the audience that night. We went back the next night because we scored a pr of tix for $35 on Craigs List and couldnt pass it up. i would recommend it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.