1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Hook-Up

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by HurricaneMikey, Apr 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack21

Jack21 Guest

Looking forward to the next few installments of Mikey's World, particularly this "Thelma and Louise" thread. While I always appreciated your openness on the boards, I wondered if it might catch up w/you at some point. Cyberstalkers are the worst kind....

Anyways, keep up the good work

P.S. Picked up that Benton Lane Oregon Pinot at Costco for $14.99 today...funny, that's not what they charged me at Fiore at the Rio when I sent your table a bottle.....

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Leave it to a handful of malcontents to deprive the masses of living vicariously thru our man Mikey.

The way I see it, and I must preface this statement with, this is my opinion and possibly not the views of the other moderators or our hostess Sonya, but if you do not like Mikey, mine, Hoya, Doc Al, or anyones elses posts, DO NOT READ THEM. No one has a gun to your head saying, here read this.

[​IMG]

Sorry to get on the soapbox and start a threadjack, but I for one enjoyed learning the "behind the scenes" info of life in Vegas, especially watching someone as charismatic as Mikey make his way up the food chain in the sea of sharks we call Vegas.

Mikey, good luck with the strip audition (man does THAT ever sound wrong.) I look forward to hearing more of your exploits, even it they are in private. [​IMG]

3. Jimbucc

Jimbucc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AMEN AND RIGHT ON TARGET!! I'm going to miss you in Vegas by 3 days.

4. mebedaman

mebedaman Tourist

I was thinking the same thing!

I can't imagine anybody would go to your work and HASSLE YOU?!?! That blows my mind, but there are some weirdos out there. They must not post much, because everyone on this board seems awesome -- a bunch of fun people.

Good luck with yet ANOTHER audition!

5. blackjack

blackjack Monkey!!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doc - Whatever do you [​IMG] mean? Unfortunately, alcohol was not a contributing factor but I'm still willing to learn from the master :D .

Mikey - I can't imagine what was said, but don't let a couple of monkey's asses bring ya down man. How sad that envy could drive someone to go out of thier way to mess with someone elses livelihood. [​IMG]

edited to ask - Was one of the dorks wearing a Rush Limbaugh t-shirt? [​IMG]

[ April 22, 2005, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: blackjack ]

6. HardEight

HardEight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some people in this world are pretty pathetic. Working in the restaurant industry, I have to deal with wackos on a fairly frequent basis. Sometimes I want to ask them where they work and go to thier place of business and raise hell over next to nothing.

Too bad about the morons that gave you crap at work over something that you posted on the internet. That is pretty friggin stupid!

Best of luck with your audition on Monday!! [​IMG]

7. Coecat

Coecat Low-Roller

Boy, Mikey, I have to agree with you. Those people need to get a life! That is just incredible. I guess you're getting a taste of celebrity life--too bad it's the bad taste. I am really looking forward to hearing what you can share with us of your recent and future activities. Best of luck with the jobs, interviews, ladies and new home/roommate!

8. Habanaman13

Habanaman13 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What kind of pathetic POS messes with a man's livelihood? They need a Jay and Silent Bob style visit to set them straight!

On another topic "Normal T2Ver?" What is the litmus test on that one? After the MM2 trip reports and pictures I can imagine any number of hazing rituals neccessary to make the cut!

Glad things, on balance, are working out for you. Good luck on Monday!

9. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mikey,
    Ignore ignorance!! Most all of us thoroughly enjoy all of your postings & its great living vicariously thru your adventures. You're living the dream & I, for one look forward reading the next chapter. Good luck with your next interview!

Just impatiently waiting for Sept & next trip to Mecca for these Hoosiers!!

Take care......

10. duffelbag don

duffelbag don Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who would want to hassle you Mikey? You think people would be lining up to hang with the Legend!
    Some people just don't know how to have a good time, so they insist on trying to ruin somebody else's.
    Good luck on the strip audition, hope you land it.
    Not knowing where you could be dealing; you could have a version of Where's Waldo with you instead.

11. RamBill

RamBill Tourist

Good luck with the hook-up Mikey!!! And if you ever DO need a wingman, I'm always ready, willing and able!! Maybe you can work your subtle charms to get her and a few girlfriends to join the S.O.F.! [​IMG]

And to all you jackasses out there who feel the need to be Aholes while a man is working because he/she didn't like what was posted: F*CK OFF YA PRICK WITH EARS!!!!

12. fruitfizz

fruitfizz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    leaving for vegas tomorrow, no time to email you and find out your schedule for this week, going downtown at least twice during my 7 day stay, hopefully i'll get to meet you at the G.G. Sorry to hear the news about someone bad mouthing you, I really enjoy all your posts, and look forward to reading more. Good luck on Monday [​IMG]

13. ebuzz7

ebuzz7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to see you found a way to keep in touch and keep us updated. It is so sad that while so many of us are rooting for you there always ends up being a few bad apples. Next time someone gives you any crap just tell them that if you wanted any shiat out of them you would just squeeze thier heads.
    Keep fighting the good fight dude.

14. sunni

sunni VIP Whale

Mikey,
    I can't believe some MORON hassled you at work !
    Try to keep us in the loop..and good luck Monday.

sunni

15. LearningVegas

LearningVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That would be "coarseness," of course.

16. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mikey,

I'm just assuming that LearningVegas is one that you would not be letting know where you work?? [​IMG]

Bob

17. Soreyes

Soreyes Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I would consider myself a Simi Reguler on this Board. I would consider it a Honor to sadle up to Mikey's Table, and see if I could win a few dollers....... or drive Mikey Nuts asking "How do you place these inside bets" :D

18. boxcars

boxcars High-Roller

Sorry to hear about that Mikey... There are those like that in every crowd unfortunately.

19. drew42

drew42 Tourist

What could you have written that could have offended anyone?.I hope you can continue writing as freely as possible.I had the dream 25 years ago and never followed thru.I now live thru you and the others as I visited July 2004 before that Aug 1978.Do not know when I will visit mecca again.Viva la Mikey!

20. Straitlover

Straitlover Low-Roller

Glad things are looking up on the living situation. Just so you know, I would NEVER hassle you at work or at home. You're a pretty big guy, and I'd be scared of you! :eek: Besides, I'm a nice Southern girl :D .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.