1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Doctor out in Vegas! Live trip report 7/3 to 7/11. Nobu/Circa/Cromwell

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by DoctorD, Jul 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoctorD

DoctorD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So we took the 6:30 am flight back home. We agreed to leave for the airport at 4:45. stayed up all night.

Went down at 3:45 to get breakfast at the eatwell. Getting out of the elevator and the artist Future is getting on with his crew after performing.

Eatwell is packed with people getting something to eat after the performance. Eventually I get breakfast and go back to the room.

we get our things and go down to get a taxi to the airport. I see at least 50 people in line for a taxi. No taxis coming.

we decide to walk over to the flamingo. I see maybe 75 people in the taxi line. I do see a diamond line though.

Bellman then asks us if we are going to the airport. For $20 per person, a party bus took us to the airport. 12 of us crammed in. Bus had a stripper pole and everything.

I suspect the bus did maybe a bachelor party strip club tour. Then dropped off said bachelor party to the flamingo. Wipe down seats, a little air freshener, and the driver is able to pocket $240 extra for the end of the night.

D

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. DoctorD

DoctorD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My closing thoughts.

Caesars/NOBU- I really liked the suite. First time I had done an upgrade. Was salty that when I asked my host for Absinthe tickets, she just put it on my account and didn’t comp them. I could have spent 2 minutes on the phone with the box office and done that. Table limits were expensive. Amalfi was really nice.
    l did 2 2500 tc days in 2 days plus what Mrs D did and nothing comped at checkout. All of my rewards credits were used. 450 charged to credit card. Zero additional comp. Fairly salty about that. Had a feeling they thought I short played maybe.

Circa- great location. Fun. Kid free :D
    Suite was very nice. Everything felt super new.
    Barry’s was really nice. Host was very friendly and accessible. Went over everything at checkout and was able to comp a lot. Charged for 300, which I thought was fair for what I played.

Cromwell- one of my favorites. Got regular room- still very nice. Great location and value. Games were super affordable. I did 2 1000 tc days while I was there. Plus what Mrs D did. No charges to comp really. I really don’t care if they thought I short played. Still kind of salty from earlier CET host comps at Caesars/nobu.

trip length- I think the length was a little long for us. It could have gotten fairly ugly with money pretty easily. Going to stick with 4 days and under probably.

final tally- we were up about 5K after all expenses and charges including air, concert tickets, food and all. Like I said earlier, very fortunate.

Overall- we had a very fun time and we were excited to have an adventure together. A true vacation. So many memories. Made most of our time while the kids were at camp.

D

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report , thanks for sharing. :clap:

4. Vegasplayer0

Vegasplayer0 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice hit and runs good Dr and Mrs

5. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a D limo to Circa my last trip too! Great drivers. Didn't know they could arrange hotel transfer as well as airport. Have to ask the host next time. @DoctorD was the Caesars limo stocked with liquor also?

6. DoctorD

DoctorD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i asked my host for a ride from Caesars. Don’t know if they normally do hotel pickups.

the CET limo had water but no booze.

The D had 3 or 4 bottles of hard liquor, mixers, water,and pop. I think there was Grey Goose vodka even.

D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.