1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The D Corner King

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by VegasLover8, Sep 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 High-Roller

Any thoughts on the sleeper sofa in the D corner King room? How comfortable is it? My friend will need to sleep on it for 1 night before he moves into his own room. He is in his 50s and about 6'4 if that matters.

I have always booked a 2 queen room (comped) at the D in case any friends need to crash. I want to try to get a free upgrade to a corner King for this trip. The only reason I want the Corner King is for the fridge.

Should I just suck it up for my friend's sake and get my normal 2 queens and forgo the fridge?

How about the room itself? According to the D website right now, to get upgraded, it will cost $12.50/night extra for Corner King and $25/night extra for the Premium Corner King for my dates. Is either room that much better than a 2 queen room?

Downtown Video Poker Crawl!
  2. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's your standard pull-out couch and is pretty uncomfortable. Personally, I would just do the 2 queens and request a fridge at check-in - if it's for medical purposes I believe it's free. The rooms aren't really any better than standard rooms, maybe a little bigger. The only difference between the CK and the Premium CK is that the Premium is on the higher floors.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  3. Kellywest

Kellywest Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sofa sleepers are pretty much all uncomfortable. And at 6'4" might be some good pic's in the morning!:p

4. NCISfan

NCISfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I were upgraded to a corner king on our 25th anniversary trip. This was 7 years ago. We never opened up the sleeper but I would think it would be uncomfortable like all sleeper sofas. On a side note during our trip The D was rebranding from Fitzgerald's. I was talking with a maintenance guy about rebranding and would anyone call the FBI if something from the old brand went missing. He gave me a good Sgt Schults impression of "I know nothing". My favorite souvenir. upload_2019-9-10_9-28-38.png

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.