1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Cal, Feb 28, 4 nights. “Please let me get you a wheelchair.”

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Ty, Mar 8, 2018.

1. tdhoier

tdhoier Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Get your Doctor to prescribe some Indomethacin for ya. If you feel a flare up coming on, just one of those bad boys will hush that awful affliction down.

I come close to suffering from that once every eighteen months, mostly because I hit the gene pool lottery and the fact I just love me some liquor and red meat. Nothing is going to stop me from two of my great loves, and that little turquoise pill helps a brother out.

I started getting that at around the age of 26 & you're not supposed to be tormented by it until your 40's. I do recall having a bout with it in Vegas one time & I just drank myself through it...gimped around like I had a prosthetic limb made out of old cedar, but it didn't hurt.

One day I'll tell you all of the time I had it in both ankles simultaneously....but for now, go get those pills & book another trek, buddy.

Don't let it win! OUT WITH GOUT!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. smallz79

smallz79 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah, gout sucks a lot. I had it in my right ankle so bad that I couldn't tie my shoe. I was prescribed allopurinol and it worked. cherry juice is good too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yikes! Sorry to hear about your foot giving you trouble. I'm sure we all agree that is do-over worthy. ;)

LOL! Yeah, been there too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report but so sorry about the foot.

Anniversary trip
    Sept 7-11 trip. I feel the luck already.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. kkinwi

kkinwi High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report....sorry about the gout! Hubby has had to limit his alcohol....hi test beer does him in. He has his daily cherry juice, but about once a year still gets a flair up. It's pretty treatable with meds.
    Glad you had such good help with the flight back home....

• Like Like x 1
  6. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ty, great report!

Sorry to hear about the gout. I have gout and I tend to have to stay away from red meat to avoid flare ups. When I do get flare ups, it affects my big toe. Awful pain. But I take prescribed Allopurinol daily. Flare ups are few and far between - unless, of course, I eat red meat for a couple days straight.

7. vegasvette

vegasvette Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well done report, thanks. It's sure no fun to be on vacation and have to deal with medical issues. Take care, and treat yourself to a return visit soon.

• Like Like x 2
  8. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope you have a positive do-over trip! We all need those sometimes.

I will say....I've never had a bad experience with Uber drivers in Las Vegas, except for the damn airport pick-up. I've had drivers yell at me, cancel the ride while I was in the vehicle (claiming they "forgot"), got lost on the way to the hotel, and much more. Everytime I book an Uber on the Strip or Downtown it's perfect though! I don't understand. :p

BELATED BIRTHDAY (the big 3-0) Adventure!
    I Just Can't Stay Away.....Early B-Day Present + New Job Celebration
    • Like Like x 1
  9. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I would think it is the same way as here. Most experienced drivers do not wait at airport for rides. Drop off is fine but P/U is a hassle

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gout really does suck. I worked with a guy who had it. Very unpleasant. I get uric acid issues but it causes me kidney stones. I mean, they're called stones but mine are just the kinds that crumble into grit. No big deal. Knock on wood it stays that way. And glad I don't have gout.

The uber at the airport thing. I usually go out to the Uber pick up spot before I hit the button on the app. There's usually a bunch of them loitering. Never had a mouthy Uber or Lyft driver yelling at me about paint yet though. If you want to keep your car perfect....don't drive for Uber.....I shake my head.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me too, I don't request a ride till I'm at the ride share spot. I'm not good a identifying make/model though. I really don't understand why the drivers aren't more proactive and call the pax name.

Another trip that starts Solo
  12. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Brief update. I checked my credit card this morning, it showed a charge from the Cal for about $200. When Kim got home she called them, they said we got billed for one room night. We stayed 4 nights on a 4 night offer. The girl Kim talked to looked up the offer and confirmed the offer did cover 4 nights. She is going to reverse the charge. I made written notes about the call.

Foot is feeling much better. I'm able to walk pretty-good without shoes.

Another trip that starts Solo
    • Like Like x 3
  13. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report Ty! And congrats to Kim on the Royal! Hope the foot is better now. Gout is a terrible condition. Punishing you for all the fun and enjoyable things in life!

14. vwhiten

vwhiten And still chasing 1st Royal & 1st Hand Pay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report. Glad to hear your foot is better.

September Birthday Trip
  15. justchuck

justchuck Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had gout several times and always had great success with the Black Cherry juice concentrate.

16. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing tirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ty if you have had any recommendations from medical visits can you share. I see lots of homemade and Rx from other members so just wondered what information you were given. Hope you are at least mobile today.

Hot? Not in July~~~~~it’s just drier.
  17. DiamondJim21

DiamondJim21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry you had such a tough trip - healthwise. Like others, I have had gout a couple of times and it is no fun - it hurts. Glad you are feeling better. Hopefully you had decent luck at VP, sounds like your wife hit a Royal, so that helps some. I'm totally on board with a "do over" trip, you deserve it. Good luck.

Summer trip to Vegas
  18. KnotGillty

KnotGillty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can vouch for Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV). I have gout and get terrible outbreaks in my foot. It usually starts on one side, and then affects the entire bottom of my foot as well as the ankle. I even went to the hospital one time and got xrays as I was 100% sure I had broken my foot (xrays were negative). I did the doctor thing afterwards and have a prescription that I use when I get flareups. I was recently turned on to ACV. 2 tablespoons twice a day has been a life saver for me. On my last painful outbreak, I skipped the prescription meds and tried solely using ACV. The pain was gone in 24 hours. I now take ACV daily to prevent future flareups.

Apple cider vinegar is full of nutrients like potassium, aiding the removal of toxins in the blood. It also has amino acids that reduce toxin buildup and serve as antibiotics. The acetic acid is turned alkaline inside the body forming a pH balanced environment that reduces gout symptoms by also reducing the bloods Ph content.

Drinking apple cider vinegar for gout breaks up the uric acid crystals and prevents them from reforming in the joints by aiding blood circulation and purification. It reduces inflammation and swelling in the joints.

I thought it was a bogus remedy until I actually tried it. Personal results have proven to me that it works. There is no doubt about it, ACV tastes like shit going down. Some people mix 2 tablespoons with a glass of water. I simply put it in a shot glass and shoot it down as fast as possible, then chase it with a few gulps of water.

If you get some, make sure you get the organic kind "With The Mother'.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  19. nancyf

nancyf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they have apple cider vinegar in pill form - I take 2 every day because of leg cramps - and they have stopped since I have taken the ACV ... I tried drinking it but just can't do it..
    Nice trip report - very sorry about the foot and pain.