1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Beauty of the Trip Report

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by jj_sparty, May 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jj_sparty

jj_sparty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As my next trip approaches, I have been pondering a trip report. During my VMB existence I have meant to write a few but, as we all know, Vegas happens and only one has graced these electronic pages.

A few days ago I decided to re-read that literary gem from 2010...yikes seven years...and came to two conclusions. The first: What a long, wordy report that was. How anyone got through that I have no idea. The second: As long and as difficult to keep up as that report was, I'm so glad I wrote it since I forgot about 80% of that trip! The memories came back quickly though.

Will I write another for this trip? I'm not sure. If anyone has pondered writing one but hasn't yet, do it at least once. It's a nice memory jog when you re-read it and have that "Ohhhhh shit, I forgot about that!" moment.

2. Lovegas95

Lovegas95 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TRs are great. They're as varied and diverse as are the members of this forum. There's something for everyone. Some of us like 'em live, and some like them as a summary. Your efforts will be applauded and greatly appreciated.

3. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've posted about 3, of which 2 remain on our member page.
    The other is lost in the ether...I think.

Love reading reports. Especially if a trip is coming up.
    Helps to get the blood flowing.

I'm working on getting a better device to try and do semi-live reports this summer.
    Hopefully, before the Cosmo trip in a couple of weeks.

Looking forward to yours! :)

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do it! Do it! Do it! :D

Not every TR has to be a novel, although those are great too. Some good ones lately have been mostly photos with a bit of context.

I like to do a day by day recap, but they usually get away from me and I have to play catch-up. Stupid booze and lack of sleep. :headbang:

5. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't read them all, but I do like to read some when I have time. I mostly just scan the photos anymore, and if something grabs my attention I read more. but that is just ME. I would still encourage trip reports, the more the merrier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TRs are like the Footprints poem to me:

Where there was one set of footprints through Vegas, that's where you were carrying me!

RICHARD

7. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love TRs both reading and writing. I go back to some of my old ones to see how they've evolved over the years. It's fun to go back and see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.