1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Barbershop Cuts & Cocktails at Cosmopolitan

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Mario's Backroom, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Mario's Backroom

Mario's Backroom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thinking about dropping by for a clean-up and a cocktail in two weeks. I just searched and couldn’t find any reviews or mentions of it yet. Has anyone been there? Recommend a particular barber? Any input is appreciated! Thanks! :beer:

2. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF It's not a bender, it's a lifestyle.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a thread about it on the nightlife board. $75 for a haircut. Not kidding. That's a pricey "clean-up".

I'm told there's a door man letting people into the bar part on weekends. The whole concept seems a little forced and twee to me but to each his or her own I guess. I might try to sneak in at happy hour on my trip next week to check it out and to be able to say I've been there, but once the door man kicks in (for a glorified barbershop?) I'm out.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Publius

Publius Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I walked by it every day this week several times a day and no one is in there. I miss the Bar that was there previously. Good spot for a drink and some VP

Quick Trip
    • Like Like x 1
  4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw a guy getting his haircut after 10pm. I was surprised.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love @Cosmo, but this is just weird in my book, especially if it's that pricey.

Cosmo floor space has to command a ton of revenue. I'm just not seeing this delivering the revenue that it would need to justify the space. But you never know in Vegas!

If you try it, make sure to update us with your thoughts.... You can be our patient zero!

4/20/2019 update: I change my stance, it actually looks pretty neat... Updated post on next page

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    First time in Tahoe!!!
    Mother-Daughter trip-Tower Suite (roll away for me!)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. michael cadena

michael cadena High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anytime I take a trip to Vegas I always get my haircut before I get there I like to look clean already. I don’t want to look like a mess when I’m there.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Mario's Backroom

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A different sort of “taking one for the team?“. Not sure if I’ll go, but if I do, I will most certainly post it. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mario's Backroom

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I’ll have better things to do at 10pm...I am intrigued by the concept and will definitely drop by.

9. sinnerman

sinnerman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So they do a clean up for $35, if you want to try that. I'm not sure exactly what's included.

Overall, this whole concept seems weird to me. Most guys simply aren't into the whole 'hair cut experience' like women are. For most of us, it's a chore ... like brushing our teeth. We get it done and go on with our business.

I usually get cleaned up and get a haircut before I go to Vegas, but if I forget to do that, it might be interesting to try this place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mario's Backroom

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sinnerman - I agree. That’s actually what drew my interest - I’ll be at a meeting for the week leading up to Las Vegas and I thought the “clean up” might be fun and practical. Granted $35 isn’t, but I’d blow that on a Heidi slot in no time.

• Like Like x 2
  11. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

There's a spot called the Blind Barber in Chicago. Same exact premise. Haircut + cool bar in the back. It's a cool spot for the 'gram but that's pretty much it

Art of the Wild
    • Like Like x 2
  12. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

Not all guys see it that way. I mean there's a whole urban culture that centers around the Barber shop. Plus, the crazy stuff guys are doing with fades and what not... It's not as defined as females, but male grooming is not so much a chore among certain sub-cultures.

Art of the Wild
    • Like Like x 1
  13. sinnerman

sinnerman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, that's a good point. The question is are there enough of them, at that price point, to allow barbershop at Cosmo to make a profit. It is worth noting that Cosmo also caters to a young and hip audience, so maybe there will have enough patrons, even if I am not one of them :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

Time will tell. You are right that this is prime real estate and should be helping to herd more cash into the coffers, not less...

Art of the Wild
  15. subafrk

subafrk Longing to be sipping a Scotch at the Cromwell...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess that I can see a possible need for that. Looking at the website, there is more of an emphasis on the "bar" part of barber shop. I might even consider it if I did an impromptu trip and didn't have a chance to get a haircut/beard trim before hand. I have a pretty big beard and am always nervous when I get it trimmed but I'd assume that these barbers should know how to do it properly. It's probably going to cater to the Vegas wedding/bachelor party groups. I'd have a hard time just going to the bar just for the fact that I don't like to pay for a drink in Vegas, lol.

Work trip turned long weekend.
    SEMA Week
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I remember to I'll give it a spin, as I always need get my head shaved a couple times every trip.

Can't beat a free suite!
    Who doesn't love some December terrace time?
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, I change my stance. Classic Cosmo, they took something weird and made it kind of cool.

A) I love Cosmo's little hidden treasures, and they play up the hidden speakeasy side, and it's REALLY pretty in there. (Lots of dark, rich leather couches, cozy lighting, it's really sharp.) It's, also an old-school style barber shop with a straight razor /hot towel etc. if you want it, so kind of like stepping into another Era.

B) Just like women wanting a blow out/dry bar for their hair, I could see this as a fun pampering for a lot of men, where they can feel like an old school Rat Pack King or a good fella.

So, I thought it was weird, but I didn't look before I leapt. I change my stance, this could be a fun, quirky idea.... I'm going to have to sneak in and check it out!

https://thebarbershoplv.com

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    First time in Tahoe!!!
    Mother-Daughter trip-Tower Suite (roll away for me!)
    • Like Like x 1
  18. alanleroy

alanleroy Click my avatar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heck, social grooming may be part of our DNA as we witness this behavior in many species....Well, I guess taking a public 'clean-up' while downing some booze is almost the same as having dirt, matted fur and ticks picked off your skin by a fellow primate.

• Funny Funny x 1