1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thanksgiving at Cal/MSS

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Joe, Nov 29, 2018.

1. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That a 5 nickel game or ten? Paytable? Most of those games in my experience are rough. 7/5 DDB with a $410 ten nickel royal, crap like that.

2. bluesdude

bluesdude High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Single line, not sure of the paytable. RF's start at $400. For a nickel, it is just fun and cheap to play. But when it got up to $700 and $800, it got real serious. not an empty seat and it is a bank of at least 10 machines.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @bluesdude When we stopped gambling on Monday night it was at $480. I pay attention to it first, because we have to use the escalator to get back to Cal, but second, when my brother was still alive he watched that bank like a hawk and pounced on it when it got up there. I know at $800, he would have been on it until it hit.

I'm not a slot player, so it was a machine that faced BHB and right on the end of the aisle. One pull for $5. If I looked around the slot, I could see the bar and my wife on #2. Sorry, crappy location description I know. It's not really my thing.

4. jimboguy

jimboguy My sloppy joe is all sloppy and no joe.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Crambone and I did get the chance to say hello to you on Sunday night, Joe. We stopped by Boar's Head to watch the second half of the NFL game and we all chatted briefly. It was nice to meet you.

Ho Ho Ho
  5. jpw711

jpw711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those lamb chops looked great!

First time I've seen my Australian Bro since 1983, it's time
  6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn demon rum! :drunk:

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @zoobrew Camera makes it look closer then it is. Plenty of room to stumble out of bed in the middle of the night.:drunk:

8. bluesdude

bluesdude High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $480 is pretty good. Our trip in June my wife hit that jackpot twice. Once for $460 first thing in the morning and then later that night on the same machine for $431!
    I am not a slot player either but if I do play, it would be the Buffalo machines, Grand, Stampede or Gold. Those are the only ones I really know. So sorry about your brother. I know that you wrote about him extensively here.

9. WWGB

WWGB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the assistance! Too bad it didn't add a handpay to go with your royals. Congrats on the big wins and on maintaining your Emerald status!