1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Terry Fator or Matt Franco?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Mom2JoMoLa, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Mom2JoMoLa

Mom2JoMoLa Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to Vegas in December (Sat-Tues) with my hubby and 3 adult kids. We have O booked for Sunday night, but thinking of booking something for Sat or Monday night…or would a show all 3 nights be too much? We will be there a short time, but honestly we are not big gamblers or drinkers, I am sure the kids will want to have time to party on their own, so thinking of booking just one more show and my top two ideas right now are Terry Fator and Matt Franco. Both have shows on Sat and Monday night so could do both, but if you only went to one, which would you pick?

2. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One's a magician and one is a ventriloquist what do YOU like more. It's subjective, two different types of shows. Do you want to laugh or do you want magic.
    In answer to your question: I'd go for Terry Fator

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Vegas28m

Vegas28m Medium Roller, Chicago

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love Terry Fator

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Group wise - Matt might be good. Have not seen him, but have a good idea of the show. Have seen Terry Fator twice and it is great. But, some folks do not like talking dummies. (fyi - that was not a political comment on current, past or future presidents)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve seen Mat Franco twice and really enjoyed it. He’s very personable and entertaining. It was really a fun show. I haven’t see Terry Fator but from what I’ve seen of him in tv he’s extremely impressive. I think they’re both solid choices.

GGWU
    Hubby’s birthday and our early anniversary trip!
  6. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See Terry Fator when he does Mat Franco

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Running late

Running late Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Didn't care for Terry Fator personally, though my mom loved him. I'd go for Matt Franco and I don't even know who he is :whistle:

8. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a HARD choice. My mom loved both of them from seeing on television, however she only got to see Terry in person (twice). I went because of her to both, however I would go back to either of them in a heartbeat.

Again, what do you want to watch? Terry is very talented and makes me laugh. Matt makes my jaw drop in amazement.

9. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw Terry Fator on his second night ever in Vegas, fresh after he had won on some TV show. He was super pumped that night. Stuck around and met whoever wanted to meet him. Glad to hear he is still bringing it.

Haven't seen the magician but I'm not much of a magic lover because all I do is try to figure out the tricks. Usually it is not that hard to do. I did like Penn and Teller. The good thing about Penn and Teller is not the magic. That bullet catch was on TV in the 1950's, for crying out loud. It's Penn's peculiar outlook and the interaction between the two. Also, Teller picked my wife to go up on stage, gave her the fishbowl, and talked briefly with us after the act while everyone else was lined up to see Penn.

You have to decide which type of show you prefer, as several have said.

10. BenjaminNicholas

BenjaminNicholas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fator's local reputation keeps me from recommending him.

Franco it is.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  11. MNDadof5

MNDadof5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seen both. Franco for younger crowd. Saw Fator during Christmas season. It was ok. Good but not great.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent.

13. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So neither?

14. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do tell....

15. MNDadof5

MNDadof5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked Franco and the theater is intimate enough but I had seen a lot of magicians before so the novelty wears off. My parents loved Terry Fator. Terry is a big name and always wanted to see him. But show was good not great.

16. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has he updated his act a lot?

saw him years ago, he was fantastic

17. easystreet57

easystreet57 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just seen Terry Fator on 9/23 at NYNY. We purchased the tickets on-line the day before assuming that his show was at the NYNY theater, it wasn't.
    For some reason, his show that night was relocated to an upstairs seminar room on the NYNY propertiy. No explantation was given for the switch only a sign posted outside the theater stating that it was closed and Terry Fator was now appearing at so-so room, can't remember the room name now.
    Point is, the venue left much to be desired for a Vegas show! Only accesable via small elevator, so you had to wait your turn to use it, especially when the show ended. Small stage area and the seating was rows of folding chairs and of course, no stadium effect. If your not tall or wind up with a hat in front of you, your out of luck to see the stage. They do have moniters setup at floor level so you can watch him on tv. We had seen Terry Fator at the Mirage many years ago and it was a big production show with long legged assistence and a live back up band, not any more. I have no clue weather this was a last minute switch due to a theater issue or by design for a "downsizing" Terry. So I just want you to know before you committ, and you can find out excatlly where the show will be located on your selected date. If your ok with paying ticket prices to potentially watch him on tv, forget I mentioned it. Without taking anything away from Mr. Fator's talants, his"Seminar Showroom Show" is a "swing and a miss".

• Wow! Wow! x 3
  18. Mom2JoMoLa

Mom2JoMoLa Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So good to know…had not bought tickets yet, but was certainly thinking about it. May wait until we arrive and see if that is still the case and not just a one night/week change. Nope, would not be happy with the venue you describe.

19. Mayoman

Mayoman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen both, Fator twice actually, both good shows, but I'd give the nod to Fator.