1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games take even money for BJ 6/5?

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by discin311, May 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Surely you would agree that if you never take even money you will be more ahead than if you always do? So why do it?

I admit there have been times in my life where I took it(chickened out), I usually regret it.

I guess I would think one is less likely to take even money(buy ins) with a large bet than with a small one, those are the make or break hands and need to be played correctly IMO, you can screw around with some small bet for fun.

2. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've played up through purple level, and only consider even money if the count is high (8+ six deck, +4 two deck).

To me, higher levels gives me MORE inclination to decline even money and get paid 3/2. $3,750 or push with odds in your favor? No insurance for me, and I wouldn't regret it if the dealer also had it.

I guess I'd have to consider even money starting with a life changing hand, which would be six/seven figures, though I think I'd stick to my normal method. Hand me the chips and ace/jack, and I'll video my decision for the board. :thumbsup:

[YOUTUBE]zGCdBsOIKYA[/YOUTUBE]

Entire life savings on double zero roulette. I'd have to negotiate single zero for this spin.

3. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is that true count or running count? Insurance is taken at a true count of +3 in with the hilo count.

4. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll take even money on my blackjack if the count (running +/- count) is still plus 3 or better after the cards I've seen for the current hand (which will include at least 3 "minus" cards).

I have no math to support my "rule", but I've found that it's the right call over half the time, so I'll keep doing it.
    Otherwise, I never take insurance.

(Note: this would be a two-deck, 3:2 game.)

Annual Spring Trip!
  5. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Running, though I don't track an completely accurate running count (I just eyeball the shoe and tweak based on remaining decks). I really hate taking even money and this is the one instance I play from the gut / forgo even money even though the count may dictate even money.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.