1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SWA bumps prices nationwide

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by mescalita, Oct 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing huge - just $5 increase for all domestic flights. Luckily for us our December Vegas flights from Austin are still almost the same price as they were back in 2009.....

2. vwhiten

vwhiten And still chasing 1st Royal & 1st Hand Pay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fly out of San Antonio or Austin whichever is cheaper. Usually Austin. We are flying Frontier from Austin to Vegas in January. We are traveling with my son and his fiancee and we got a great rate on Frontier. I can get reimbursed for 2 check in bags. I know my husband and I can share a bag. Hopefully the son and fiancee can squeeze all their junk into one bag.

September Birthday Trip
  3. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried to switch me and my wife to an earlier flight and they advised me that only 1 ticket was at that price. I wish they put that on their website.

4. insin

insin Speed Spender

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do you get reimbursed for checked bags? (from who?)
    I might check bags (shopping trip) if they ended up being free.

5. vwhiten

vwhiten And still chasing 1st Royal & 1st Hand Pay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    American Express gives me a $100 credit every year for the airline of my choice. I can use it for bags, drinks on board -- etc. I can change my preferred airline once a year. Last year it was southwest and I got reimbursed for early boarding fees.

I am tempted to go Amex platinum. It would cost me $750 a year. They reimburse you $200 annually for airline fees. They also give you a nice reimbursement for Global entry and TSA precheck. Plus free entry to airport lounges.

I use my Amex points for mlife cards. I got a $250 card to use in January at the Luxor which will cover 4 nights including the taxes and resort fees. I also have $100 in Cheesecake Factory cards I will use in Vegas too. By January I should have enough for $50 card for Mon Ami - will pay for breakfast. I get lots of offers for shopping with American Express. The money I save more than pays for my gold card- I just haven't been able to justify the price increase for platinum. I don't travel but twice a year - usually.

September Birthday Trip
  6. LAURLUVS2BOWL

LAURLUVS2BOWL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happily got $99 each way nonstop on SW from Houston for December. Good times! I wish i could always wait for the flights to be that price before i head to LV, but i try to keep the RT under $250 if i can (and never take other airlines anymore).

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is common on pretty much all airlines.

When you check for one seat - you see the lowest price CURRENTLY available.
    If you check for two seats, and there is only one at the lowest price, but two at the next rate level, they never show two different prices, they just show whatever they have TWO of.

Again, airlines are not set up to show two different prices for one booking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.