1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SW Rapid Rewards shopping bonus points until August 18

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by vwhiten, Aug 12, 2017.

1. vwhiten

vwhiten VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    https://rapidrewardsshopping.southwest.com/p/back-to-school-bonus.htm

I always try to do my shopping on SW Rapid Rewards when I can. Right Now you can get 250 points for spending $125, 900 points for spending $300, and 2000 points for spending $550, These points are in addition to the points you normally earn at the stores. I usually always use my Amex card because I get points from them too. Right now there is some picnic bags I want to get on E-bags, total is right around $80- Right now ebags gives you 4 points per $1 spent on rapid rewards. So that would be 320 points - plus I get one point for every $1 spent on AMEX - plus right now I have an offer from AMEX that will credit me $15 for shopping at ebags. Won't take me long to reach $125 points - probably will spend around $300 -- this if for things I would purchase anyways. I usually shop through Rapid Rewards every month.

SW usually does the bonus points shopping once or twice a year.

2. JoJoR

JoJoR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're probably better off using a site like eBates and then use that money towards your flights as you'll get a better return. Right now it's 12% back at eBates for eBags and you can use that with your AMEX offer. Southwest points are valued at about 1.5 cents per point.

3. vwhiten

vwhiten VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will have to look into that. Thanks

4. eliza

eliza Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cashbackmonitor.com

Shows you the current portal payouts at cashback sites, airline and hotel shopping sites, etc. It won't show the bonuses (like the one in the OP), but is a good place to establish a baseline for the best deal.