1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SW fares

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by danny8235, Jun 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danny8235

danny8235 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    fly from GSP and SW has reduced flights or added an additional stop while drastically raising prices. Wonder if they are trying to funnel more people to Atlanta or Charlotte

2. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just booked BWI to LAS roundtrip from August 15 to August 21 for two with early bird seating...$579. I'm thrilled and no other airline was in the ballpark.

December 8-10
    Three nights at The Mirage
  3. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They seem to be doing that a lot.

4. runningonthehub

runningonthehub High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just priced a trip to Vegas with Southwest for Dec. 16-18 and I was shocked by the price. I have never paid that much. But, I guess higher prices are just a part of life. Nothing stays the same, things are always changing. Get used to it.

5. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

We usually fly out of PHL or EWR for about $200 rt each. We decided to go for the 4th and we're paying about $300 pp rt and flying from BWI, a three hour drive, because PHL and EWR had ridiculous prices. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Last July SW had an amazing sale (I think it was about $131 rt from PHL) so we booked three trips, Sept, Dec and Feb.Haven't seen anything like that since.

6. danny8235

danny8235 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am losing faith in SW.
    they have also increased points per $$ on travel
    They are driving me to seek other alternates
    I love SW BUT what is going on

7. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they just dropped the price on rt ns from hartford to vegas by about $80 which i snagged for october

8. Bobby B

Bobby B Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be patient. Last year I had ticketed in June Chicago - LV for $190 rt for a December trip. Rebooked three times as prices dropped to $72rt. I used the $118 credit for my spring trip. Have faith folks. Depending on when you're traveling, it might get a whole lot better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. roycpa

roycpa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SW is like every other airline - they charge as much as possible and still fill their flights. Our SW gateway is STL and they have never been cheap there. They do frequently have the best schedules for us (and the only NS to LAS that doesn't involve a red eye). so we use them semi-regularly. Half the time it is cheaper to fly from our local regional airports and change planes, than it is to drive to STL and fly SW or their competition.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. fischer

fischer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny story we fly through Chicago from Albany NY (no plane change) and I checked pricing from Albany to Chicago on that flight and it would cost more if you were just flying to Chicago then continuing onto LV.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wait a week or two (sometimes just days or hours) and they'll probably change. And of course, every week there's a new sale. :)

A few years ago, my then girlfriend, a Delta loyalist, had to make periodic trips from Atlanta to San Diego. Interestingly, it was significantly cheaper flying Delta to LAS and adding a flight on Southwest to SAN, than flying r/t on Delta directly to SAN. That worked out great, as we always planned Vegas trips around her work schedule. Her company appreciated her efforts at saving them money and always overlooked the extra days she spent in Vegas! Oh, for the good ol' days!

• Like Like x 1
  12. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fly out of XYZ and occasionally out of QWERTY, I wonder if they have good prices there too? I always love these airport appreviations, some make perfect sense and others make no sense to me. I gots to keep my secret decoder-ring handy for these threads. My fav is Kansas City, MO (MCI)...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. jsn1992

jsn1992 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're in an area where you can compare multiple airports for many SW (and other low-cost carrier) fares, it definitely doesn't hurt to consider that as an option! Sometimes (not just for Vegas) I'll do a departure flight from MCI (Kansas City) on SW for $127 or so, and take a cheaper flight back to STL. (Granted living between the two cities, we have an airport shuttle that takes you to both airports.)
    For this upcoming trip I have planned, I'm doing a $69 flight on Frontier to LAS, but taking a late-afternoon SW flight home for a little more, all out of STL.

14. Patripman

Patripman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While searching SW for flights to Vegas in September I watched prices change while I was doing my search. The non stop from Pittsburgh went from $129 to $157 to $127 within a matter of minutes. Although I haven't booked yet I am waiting due to firm dates off from work.
    But SW has been all over the place with prices.

P

15. rhinoman7

rhinoman7 A Diamond in the Ruff

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On a similar note, we used to fly down to Arkansas quite often, and it got to the point that flying from MKE to LIT was quite a bit cheaper than ORD to LIT (We live almost halfway between ORD and MKE). The irony was that every time we flew out of MKE, there would always be a stop in ORD to change planes, and the plane we would fly from ORD to LIT was the exact same one had we booked ORD to LIT.

16. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out the names of some of the waypoints on a BOS -> LAS flight:
    upload_2018-7-29_7-35-55.png
    upload_2018-7-29_12-53-52.png

upload_2018-7-29_10-40-7.png
    upload_2018-7-29_10-41-25.png

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  17. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, I am gonna show that to our two resident plane geeks tomorrow. :)

18. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't seen great fluctuation in prices from Tampa to Vegas. Granted there might be some savings to be had (Low Fare Calendar) but for the most part never anything phenomenal (e.g. $49 to Phila, etc.). I think the folks in the marketing department have pretty much figured this one out.

19. Roccoscollar

Roccoscollar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SW has great fare if you have flexibility and book early. Just locked in a November trip for $350 round trip from the east coast. I usually will just book a flight a few months out when they run their fare specials. If I decide I can't go on the dates i book it's not a big deal since you get full credit to use on the next flight. And there will be a next flight, lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. dtmk66

dtmk66 Welcome to Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    S.W. screws us here in Oklahoma there are never bargain fares here $99 bucks is the cheapest you will ever see once in a blue moon other than that it's $159+ each way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.