1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sushi on the strip

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by colorfinger, Mar 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colorfinger

colorfinger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noticed some sushi options in the myVegas rewards and it got me thinking, I've never had sushi during a Vegas stay. What's your favorite sushi on the strip? I'll be dining solo.

2. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the sushi at Aria, but I think it will close any day. Mizumi at Wynn is excellent also

3. bwatson23

bwatson23 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yellowtail inside Bellagio.

Mizumi we really enjoyed when we stayed at Wynn last summer.

4. Kevke

Kevke Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. colorfinger

colorfinger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be going to Venetian 3 days during my stay for a trade show, so Tao is probably a good destination while I'm there. Looks like they have Dim Sum too, which I have a soft spot for...

Anyone have any experience with Mizuya at MB or Rice & Company at Luxor? Not sure I'll do a second meal of Sushi, but with the myVegas reward, I may hit one of those too.

6. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have eaten at Mizuya a couple times. It was decent, but nothing special. Kumi at MB is much better

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Osceola

Osceola Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best sushi I've had in Vegas is a quick trip off the strip at Kabuto on Spring Mountain Road. It's actually some of the best sushi I've ever had, anywhere. It's traditional edomae style omakase, with just two seatings per night and only about 20 seats in the restaurant. The fish is amazing and it is an outstanding value compared to the big spots on the strip.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. colorfinger

colorfinger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kabuto looks like an amazing experience. May have to consider an uber there. Thanks for the tip @Osceola

• Like Like x 1
  9. TwiceTheJava

TwiceTheJava Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Koi at Planet Hollywood, but I haven't tried any others so I can't compare. They have a happy hour half-price menu.

10. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is also Nobu at CP. It is very good

11. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    have eaten there many times...they never disappoint

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. abraxis

abraxis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and i love rice and co in the luxor; we usually stay in the south strip and eat there each trip. We are from Hawaii so we can appreciate great sushi but we are not sushi snobs. Rice and co ain't "great" but it's definitely good eats and would be an excellent deal with a my Vegas voucher.

13. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not a "high end" place but Chin Chin at NYNY has surprisingly good sushi, certainly better than it has to be for a primarily Chinese themed joint. Prices aren't outrageous and the sake selection is pretty good too.

14. DiggerGRB

DiggerGRB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was planning on checking out either Sushi Roku (Forum Shops-Caesars) or SushiSamba (Palazzo) for Happy Hour during my next trip. Anyone have any advise or preference?

15. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate at Morimoto in MGM and it was quite good. Excellent service. I just got the chef's combo for $50, easy decision. My only complaint was that it was a bit loud - I thought it was going to be a bit more elegant but that's ok.

Optimistic, might make Identity Gold?
  16. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Sushi Samba very much, and have eaten there several times over the years.

I've always enjoyed the dishes I had, and it has a great variety of other dishes alongside the sushi.

Disclaimer - I'm no sushi expert :)

Social Distancing in the Penthouse
    Hopefully an Xmas Fairytale in New York
  17. colorfinger

colorfinger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ended up at Tao but didn't do Sushi. It was an event hosted by a supplier and they selected the menu. It was very good but I decided to try elsewhere for sushi to experience another restaurant. I was staying at MGM and Morimoto was too much of a draw not to give it a go. The sticky ribs were amazing. The chef's choice for $50 on the sushi was not only delicious, but felt like a pretty good deal. They gave me a solid variety of fairly safe bets like spicy tuna, salmon, unagi, etc but it was all delicious. Next time I'm going to ask the waitress to tell the chef to be adventurous. Not sure they take that kind of request, but it can't hurt. I also enjoyed an unfiltered saki to round out the evening.

I stopped at Rice and co to see the menu when I was headed to Tender for dinner. Looks like a myVegas I'll have to pickup in the future. Speaking of future, I really need to allocate time for Kabuto.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.