1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Surprisingly positive Spirit Air experience and Harrah’s AC 9 hour visit.

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Happygirl21, May 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to the yearly reoccurring 9 dollar savers fare club, that I forget about until it automatically renews each year, I actually got a deal on a round trip/direct flight ticket to Tampa from Atlantic City airport for $48.00 (including taxes and all).

I know Spirit is not known for their reliability, but I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised at how smoothly and timely the entire trip went. No delays, no cancelled trips etc.. Also, I was given a random TSA pre-check for my returning flight. Additionally, since I was flying out of AC early Monday morning, I figured I’d stay at Harrah’s Sunday night. That too was favorable and in the end, thanks to Spirits great airfare deal out of AC, my little 3 night getaway (1 in AC, 2 in Fl) turned out to be a profitable one. Who doesn’t like that?

Just wanted to give props to Spirit Air. I don’t think that happens for them too often, lol.

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    My boy's 21st Birthday count down is on!
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't belong to Spirit's $9 club, but there are some great deals to be had. I was notified by www.airfarewatchdog.com of general fares from PHL (Philadelphia) to LAS (Las Vegas) for $68 total. Sure enough, I booked it. Add on my overhead bag for $36 (2 week trip...I do need to change my underwear :) ) and the total fare was $104. For that price I switched my seat to business class for an additional $60 and for $164 I flew cross country in a business class seat. Very sweet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didnt know they flew out of Phl ,non -stop to LAS no less ,they didnt make you chip in for gas did they? Last time we flew them to FL they were hawking their credit card offering all kinds of free flights.

4. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry but cant believe your story. According to the forum, Spirit airlines never is on time of they ever fly at all. they take you to the wrong destination, they cancel all flights, they over charge you with trick charges and have the worst customer service. So you see, it is impossible for you to have had a pleasant experience.

The only way you could have possibly had a good flight is if you wore a top hat a tails, dined on lobster and sipped champagne while paying 1500 each way for it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. HardEight

HardEight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to hear you had a pleasant experience! I'm flying them for the first time tomorrow.

I've worked in various capacities of the service industry for 25+ years and it's really sad how demanding some people have become. Everyone should work in retail or a restaurant at some point servicing guests on a daily basis. It would make the world a more understanding and patient place. Everyone is human and sometimes makes mistakes. They key is how you handle the mistake even when guests become irate and film or record your responses.

Sorry to vent and hijack the thread.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. ken2v

ken2v 200,000 and counting

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    A good reminder. But it does come from both directions. People pay a buck and think they deserve $100 quality and service. A server sees someone spending a buck and assume he or she won't have $100 manners.

7. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spirit and American are the only two airlines with non stop flights to Vegas from Philly. Everything's better with competition, imagine the fare on American if they were the sole carrier to LAS.

There is a gas station near me that charges about $.90 more per gallon for midgrade and premium fuel, a busy four corner intersection and about a mile from the nearest competitor.

+1, paperboy, retail clerk, Burger King (mopped floors, flipped burgers, fried fries, cleaned toilets, not necessarily in that order), hotel desk clerk, waiter, busboy. Nobody complains when things go right, but the true test of a good business is how they respond when things sh!t the bed.

I've flown Spirit 4 times and would recommend paying extra for the big seat or an exit row. With a 40' waist and bit of the dunlaps disease, a standard middle seat for 5 hours would be rough.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They did do this. On the way to Fl I listened to what they were saying, on the way back I just kept my iPod on.

They also had some gimmick about extra Spirit miles for someone sitting in a random middle seat.

I'm pretty easy to get along with so none of this stuff bothered me. Like I said, all went smooth and I would not hesitate to use them again.

Also, a few years ago, I caught a round trip flight, PHL to LAS, for $98.rt from them. Again, it was problem free. But I don't recall them being so "disliked" back then.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
    My boy's 21st Birthday count down is on!
  9. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, American, Spirit and Southwest are the 3 airlines that fly non-stop PHL>LAS. If you don't mind a stop and an extra 1 1/2 hours of your time, you can take Delta or United.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've flown Spirit 6 time from PHL to Las since 2013. That's 12 flights total. Only 2 were delayed. The other 10 were on time or early. I do pay extra for the big front seat. Yes they hawk the credit cards and nickel and dime you, but if you know that going in, and it's still cheaper then flying on a legacy carrier I say go for it.

Just my opinion of course.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. HardEight

HardEight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience with Spirit was great. Both my flight to Vegas and back to Dallas were early. I purchased an exit row seat both ways because I'm 6'4" and had plenty of leg room. Flight attendants on both flights were very positive and friendly. I will utilize them again in the future.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.