1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Superfrico (New Cosmo Supper Club)

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by HHFan, Aug 18, 2021.

1. txsteph

txsteph Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Nittany1 I also have reservations for 10/17.
    Just saw the menu but will wait for reviews.

2. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holiday Return after 39 Months
    Superbowl
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. AllenAndRossi

AllenAndRossi High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is another reason I see the writing on the wall telling me my 40+ years of Vegas love and excitement is fading really fast.

Every single one of you posting on this tread is excited about and making reservations to dine here.

To me, it sounds like a load of contrived, trying-too-hard crap.

4. Syringe Monkey

Syringe Monkey Hero of the Baggage Carousel...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Superfric, Superfric, they’re Superfrico yoooowwww.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The target customer for dining at Cosmo is about 30 years ago. Keep that in mind.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  6. iliketoslot

iliketoslot Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone see real reviews for this place yet? I still just see hype. The few reviews I've seen have been overflowing with buzzwords and "new Vegas must try" type phrases that they give little real new info.

Any pics of a menu with prices? Just like to be prepared for how big I'm paying for little pizzas.

I have a reservation for Sunday night 10/3 which I think I'm going to keep. I always wanted to eat in the middle of an art exhibit while a mild burlesque/human trick show wanders in and out.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prices are on the menu on their website ...(not the Cosmopolitan restaurant page)

Superbowl
  8. iliketoslot

iliketoslot Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The link you posted above? I don't have prices there, but the Cosmo website takes me there too so maybe there's another site I'm missing.

Edit: Found pics on Twitter. https://twitter.com/VitalVegas/status/1442191395247181824?s=20

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  9. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not in LV yet, so can't blame Ketel One.

Either I'm bonkers and imagined prices, or they removed them. I'm fairly certain I looked earlier this week, was pricing out a dinner.

Sorry for the misdirection

Superbowl
  10. iliketoslot

iliketoslot Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no sweat, I found some pics. I'm excited to hear what you think of everything if you're still going.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Akala

Akala Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are trying it next week then seeing Opium. The crab pasta sounds amazing. :feedme:
    upload_2021-10-1_9-17-11.png

• Like Like x 1
  12. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm excited to try it and can't wait to check out the different "rooms"! The menu looks so tasty! :feedme::feedme:

Heard from a Cosmo rep that there are 8-9 different rooms. And I know Rose.Rabbit had a ton, so I'm excited.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    Quality time for me!
    Starting off 2022 on the right foot! Winning!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Second_To_None

Second_To_None Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I were there on Sunday 9/26. I booked it when I first saw an announcement about this opening up. Neither I nor the wife have been to a supper club before.

There wasn't much information out there as I believe it opened just a few days before our trip - so we didn't know what to expect. We had an 8:30PM reservation - got there at 8PM and got in right away. We were asked if we were there for dinner or dinner AND show. Again - never been to a supper club before and not much information about this place... We are here for dinner.

There are a few rooms where you can be seated to dine - at least 2 maybe 3 or more. Performers (from Opium show?) come in from time to time in the dining rooms and perform their acts. We did not have a very clear view of the performers in the room next to us, but we were able to see some of what was going on. I really enjoyed most of the performers.

The food: plates and portions are on the small side - like really small. I ordered a chicken parm for $32 but it doesn't come with pasta. I asked if it was possible to get pasta marinara on the side. Waiter took about 10-15 mins to check and confirmed I can get a side of pasta marinara. My wife ordered a salad and pasta. They gave us plates to share the salad (I don't eat salad). When the salad arrived my wife looked at me and said "Where is the rest of it?! And they expect us to share this - are they serious?!" Her pasta dish was not great - lacking in flavor, spices, herbs, etc. Chicken Parm was decent - also missing the mark on full flavor but it was edible. The side of pasta marinara came out and waiter said "this is the pasta with our homemade marinara sauce". I am EXTREMELY picky with food - the 'homemade marinara' tasted and was colored a lot more like a vodka type sauce - which I do not like. My wife tried it and said it wasn't so bad compared to the other items.

Being we were seated close to the kitchen we were able to see waiters going in/out of the kitchen. I saw a few waiters come out with what appeared to be a slightly larger than normal size Sicilian (square) slice of pizza cut into 4 pieces. I remember pizza prices being in the $17-$23 range on the menu - when I saw the pizzas they were bringing out I kept thinking to myself there must be a different menu OR I missed something on this menu... there is NO WAY this pizza is $17-$23!!!

Wife and I agreed we should come back to see the show. As for the dinner - we were not impressed AT ALL. I, personally, would not recommend this place for dinner and would skip it altogether. There are too many other places in Vegas where you can spend as much and have a fairly enjoyable meal. We WILL go back to see the show as it seemed interesting enough just from the performers that came out during dinner and we saw Absinthe 7 years ago - GREAT show!!!! My understanding is the same production company as Absinthe is involved with superfrico.

• Informative Informative x 8
  14. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen Opium, although not since it reopened. Its excellent

Superbowl
    • Like Like x 1
  15. JulianC

JulianC Amateur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Second_To_None This might be enough of a review to get me to cancel my solo dining reservation at Superfrico set for late December.

16. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in Superfrico right now. Stay tuned

I will caution however that I returned from the wynn slot pull,have been getting slaughtered in play. Sucked down two drinks fast
    .. hustled to Superfricio fro my rez... they wouldn't let me in with my cocktail... gulped that third martini...

So now I'm loaded, apologies if my review is incoherent

Superbowl
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  17. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd say see for yourself. It's a new place, and that poster mentioned they're picky eater. Good grief.

Quality time for me!
    Starting off 2022 on the right foot! Winning!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok.

Very good. Not phenomenal.

Been here under an hour and done - unless I get dessert. Update... now approaching 2 hours as I pay bill. So pacing was fine overall.

Service, excellent.
    Timing, a little too quick
    Atmosphere... fun, but other than seeing some hairy creature go by, saw nothing related to Opium.
    Appetizer : calamari was fantastic. Not the fried junk we all get everywhere... grilled or sauteed with excellent sauce.

Mortadella pistachio straciatella pizza. Thick, Bready. Delicious. My waiter wouldn't let me order bread... they charge for bread. I used it on sauce from appetizer and entree.

My branzino was good but salty. I think they need to drain and soak the capers more. ... it was a little too salty. Not fantastic. Still very good.

Tartuffo for dessert. Their banana version of baked Alaska. I dont like meringue but it was only dessert menu item mildly appealing. I like it more than anticipated.

Great waiter. Very helpful with selections. Told me to try dessert, he'd take it back if I didn't like.

Performers started at 8. That was fun.

Chatting quite a bit with folks seated next to me. That went well, until the husband decided to talk politics. Time for me to quickly pay the bill and skedaddle.

Overall...if you are into variety and want to try multiple venues at Cosmo.... go. If it's your first, one and only night at Cosmo ... there are better choices.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    Superbowl
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 5
  19. mickyblueeyes

mickyblueeyes High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the review! I was just on another board and the review from the group was poor so maybe it depends on what you order or they are sorting out the kinks and it's hit or miss. Glad it was somewhat of a hit

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. iliketoslot

iliketoslot Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. Keeping my reservation for Sunday night, I'll add my thoughts here. Though it seems if you go in with an open mind you might find some really enjoyable things. I was born a grumpy old man so no guarantees

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1