1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Super Bowl weekend at The Orleans

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Johnzimbo, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Flights-- from Dallas Saturday morning and back Tuesday afternoon via Southwest were great, both flights full, we had B20 or so both ways so aisle seat for me. My buddy had two reservations as he had booked his and his wife's flight at one time then the flight for his daughter later, and he said he used the SW app for his check in and the website for his daughters check in at the same time and got B-18 and 19 for his but B-33 using the website. App might be a little quicker?

Hotel- The Orleans was consistently good as always. There were five of us on the flight out, and we met my buddy Pete in from California and another friend in from Arizona, so Pete and I Lifted to the hotel while the other five rented a minivan. One more friend from Dallas came in later and my ex in-laws were already at Orleans so we had a decent sized group staying there, nobody had any complaints about the rooms or hotel.

Food- Ate at the Copper Whisk for breakfast three times and once at the Medley buffet also for breakfast for the first time, it was all good, particularly the omelette station. Also hit Sbarro’s once and it filled the bill. Monday night five of us went to Capo’s Speakeasy for the first time, food was very good and nobody was able to finish their entrée as they were large. Of course, gorging on their bread beforehand was partially responsible for that. There was a close-up magician working the tables there and he was amazing. He did one trick with silver coins that disappear from his hand and appear in one of our friends hand three times and she said she couldn’t tell how it was done and couldn’t feel the coins multiplying in her hand.

Super Bowl- We always go to the exhibit hall at the South Point for the free watching party and have a great time, we met up with eight old friends from California so we had two tables to ourselves. The exhibit hall was expanded for the party this year and it is HUGE, see a picture of the room after the game-
    20180204_192756.jpg

The pic shows only three of the four screens and each is about 40' wide by 30' tall and very high definition. i only hit two of my six bets (Eagles +3 first half and +4 for the game, so almost broke eben on the game but was worth it seeing the Pats lose :)

University Medical Center- Unfortunately my ex FIL slipped in the shower Saturday afternoon and cut his head badly, ex MIL called me from their room crying and said she needed my help so I hustled up there. Was worried security would ask for my room key at the elevator but I acted like I knew what I was doing and got up to their room quickly. Security was already there and FIL was doing OK but there was a lot of blood on the bathroom floor. Paramedics came, took vitals and asked if he wanted to go the hospital and he is pretty obstinate sometimes (and, luckily, hard headed ) and said no. But two of the friends with us are physicians assistants and later I asked them if he should go to the hospital and both said yes because of his age and prior history, so around 5 PM we got to UMC on Charleston and sat in the waiting room for five hours while they did a few tests and applied a few staples to the cut. Just how we wanted to spend our first evening in Vegas!

Gambling- Didn’t play much Saturday with the five hour hospital visit. Sunday before the game I hit one quad at South Point
    20180204_124159.jpg

Sunday evening we got back to The Orleans around 9 P.M. and decided to chill in the keno lounge and forgot that they have a free keno tournament on Sunday night until we played our tickets and the writer mentioned it, so we signed up knowing we had almost no chance to win. But around 10 P.M. which is when I think the contest ended they have a random draw and announced my name. Cool! What do I win? Well, they gave me a voucher for two tickets to see Engelbert Humperdinck the following weekend. Great…but I won’t be here next weekend I tell the writer. She says I can bring it back next visit and see whoever is in their showroom at that time, then I remember that I have a friend who lives in Vegas so later I ask her if she likes Engelbert and she says “No, I saw him 20 years ago and he was old then”. OK…plan B…my ex in-laws are back in town mid-March, let me see who will be there that weekend. Box office guy tells me “nobody”. Sigh. So I kept the voucher and will see who is there when I go back at some point.

Monday is the day I had some time to play and hit a few decent payouts. Never had played four card Cleopatra Keno before but that was a surprise hit as was the regular four card keno later.
    20180205_104439.jpg 20180205_075753.jpg 20180205_121510.jpg 20180205_214632.jpg 20180205_213939.jpg 20180205_202846.jpg

Had enough luck Monday to come home even, and wifey came home about even also, so bankroll is already intact for a trip later in the year :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Niteshade

Niteshade High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice recap - glad you had a good trip.
    Sorry about the fall - glad your Ex FIL was ok in the end.
    Looks like a nice party at the South Point. That is a huge room for sure.
    Thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report! But why 9/6 Bonus Poker Plus though? That's only 96.96%. :(

4. kkinwi

kkinwi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoyed your report....always a worry of mine now that I am older....what if I need health care while I am in Vegas? And usually being solo is concerning.
    Glad it worked out ok for the ex FIL

• Like Like x 2
  5. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I only switched to it for a short while and got the deal 6's, then bumped it to $.50 and hit the four 3's. I've had good luck on that game in the past, but guilty as charged

6. Cleo5

Cleo5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report. Just hope Engelbert isn't reading it

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. bighead1970

bighead1970 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR! Hanging out with the Ex In Laws in Vegas. That is a new one for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, they are and have always been great so no issued there thankfully.

• Like Like x 1