1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Suggestions for steak on the Strip?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by coluk003, Feb 10, 2019.

1. coluk003

coluk003 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So im looking at the wicked spoon for dinner on my first night in vegas. Im now thinking of getting a steak somewhere. Im more of saving money then how it tastes but it has to be good. Any steak places anywhere on the strip that are decebtly priced. Or am i just better off hitting the spoon before the dinner prices hit?. I wont have a car at all to get around either

2. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Charlie Palmer @ Mandalay Bay - Cut of the Day

/thread

Not been myself, but gets glowing reviews all around, and you get free wine :)

Back again for another round!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF It's not a bender, it's a lifestyle.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SO many steak threads on this board, and you'd have to get more specific about what you consider "decently priced". Good cuts of meat on the strip (i.e. in a strip resort) are going to start in the high $40's and go up from there. If value for your buck is your biggest concern then you'd probably be better off sticking with a buffet.

4. iamsomedude

iamsomedude Low-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, what is decently priced, and what kind of steak are you looking for?

I'm assuming that if you're considering Wicked Spoon for dinner, you're probably looking around the $30-$50 range/person, so I would tend to agree with Marky147 that Charlie Palmer Steakhouse's (inside the Four Seasons within the Mandalay Bay) Cut of the Week is as good as you're going to get (when it comes to a full course steak meal for $58/person). However, be warned that the Cut of the Week does not always feature steak. Jardin at the Encore does offer a prix fixe menu also for $58/person that features an 8 oz. filet mignon, but you'll probably be hungry afterwards.

However, if you're content with prime rib, just stick with a buffet.

5. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight King of no media

Trips to Las Vegas:
    steak house at circus circus. great value. old school.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. VolleyBall

VolleyBall Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My main recommendation is to skip that steak for dinner, wait the next day for brunch and head to Pampas which is in the miracle mile (attached to Planet Hollywood) and partake in their all you eat brunch which is offered seven days a week and is $10.95 ($9.95 plus $1 mandatory water fee and $15 for unlimited mimosas/bloodys). They have a hot bar buffet for breakfast items and bring around spits of meats including steak. Furthermore, they flip from brunch to lunch at 1130am and if you get there around 1115, you can pay the cheaper brunch price, have a plate of breakfast offerings and by the time you're done the hot bar will have changed to lunch items and they add some additional meats on spits. This is the best deal in Vegas and many are shocked the place remains in business. https://www.pampasusa.com/

If you don't like that idea:

1. Charlie Palmer; would be my number one choice, I was unaware they no longer always offer steak. Restaurant looks very high end and the rest of my picks won't be anywhere near as nice.
    2. Ocean's One Bar and Grille. Attached to Planet Hollywood is the miracle mile, a filet and lobster tail for $29, craft beers for $3 and 3 mixed drinks/cocktails for $10 (they sometimes have a groupon).
    3. Take a bus or uber downtown, many options but I'd recommend Siegel's 1941 which has a $12.95 prime rib dinner with sides and dessert.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Packer Backer

Packer Backer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    do you mean no car so taxi or it has to be by your hotel.. Where are you staying?