1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Struggling to get to grips with comps - Will I get for my play and how?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by James123, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lmondun

lmondun Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yes, and I have found this to be especially true at MLife places; not so much at CET.

Regarding room comps, keep in mind that the comp value will likely be much less than the actual charge for a particular booking. I am booked in a comped suite (though not at MGM) for three nights for our trip in June that is listed online at $800 per night, but that suite is valued at just $300 per night when being calculated by my host as part of comps. So the OP's bankroll could be enough to cover more of the room charge than it might seem based on the $750 per night rate. (This presumes some heavy play for many hours at machines or the tables and not in the poker room, as others have mentioned.)

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do your play and food at MGM as much as possible.

I would find a host the day before the last night if possible. You do not want to miss out finding one the last day. Get an idea where you are at for comps.

I assume you booked the suite direct with the hotel, otherwise, no deal.

Charge everything to the room.

Put your card in a slot machine daily to see what you numbers look like.

Bankroll is only a rough indicator of what you have to play. In and of itself will get nothing. It is 99.9% based on dollars put in play.

3. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just play whatever you feel comfortable at bet size wise and charge all your food and beverage to the room.
    Your bankroll is really not big enough to sustain seven days of significant play so just play it out, have fun, and see a host before checkout and see what they can do.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.