1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Striking Solo: March 31 -April 3

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by ReTriggerMe, Mar 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlwaysUpForFun

AlwaysUpForFun High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love your photos of Studio Panoramic Suite. I usually choose that room when we stay at Aria. Curious what floor you're on.
    I skipped photos of Bellagio Conservatory as I like to be surprised when I see it in person.

I'm disappointed but not surprised that drink service is poor to nonexistent. That was my experience last time we were in Aria in 2019. It seems like once MGM management took away the service bartenders for the CW that the wait time for a drink went up dramatically. It's understandable, but sometimes spotting a CW was like spotting an unicorn.

Hope your trip is great. Will continue reading to get a sense of what to expect I LVnow as we will be there next week.

Van Morrison and Birthday Trip
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only Din Tai Fung I've ever tried, so no comparison. I think Shanghai rice cakes were favorite, because a little less common. Spicy wonton was very close,.

Holiday Return after 39 Months
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Tutontow

Tutontow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am one of those guys that won't place a bet unless I have a drink in front of me. Even though we will be staying at the Aria I might be playing somewhere else.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am at aria now as well and last night the drink service was excellent. Someone was by every 5-10 minutes. My big complaint from yesterday (Wednesday) was that when we arrived just before 2:00 pm and were starving, there were only TWO restaurants open - Javier’s and patisserie. We had resy at Javier’s that night, so we ended up walking to bellagio and ate at Sadelle’s. Freaking ridiculous at a property with 4,000 rooms. We ran into multiple people trying to find somewhere to eat just like us. There are plenty of people around to support having more outlets open. We wanted Din Tai Fung for lunch but only open on weekend for lunch.

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

Enjoying the report. The room is very nice and the pictures of the conservatory are great. Seems like you're enjoying the trip despite the dismal drink service at Aria. Good luck today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm enjoying this room. It feels like a 2020s room, if that makes sense... even more than standard Aria rooms. Plenty of light. Ample charging. TV works fully, thorough selections, including music options. Very comfortable bed.

There's not only an extra refrigerator, it has an ice maker. It's only produced 6-8 tiny cubes since I turned it on yesterday, but hey, I never had a hotel mini-fridge with an icemaker before.

Will try to take view pics... views nothing spectacular here... PHo to Mandalay Bay. Nice views of Park MGM and Nomad Pool setup. I personally like watching the planes take off. Reflections on the window may mean pics are pointless.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  7. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I may start a thread in another forum. Have you, would you, ever dispute a win/Loss?

I came with a bankroll, nice round number, in an envelope. Use it for play only... no meals, tips, etc. Just one of those bill-sized envelopes with hundreds, fits in my wallet. I know whats left. I checked my MLife win/loss to see my coin-in, am I playing same level as prior trips? MLife.com win/loss is inaccurate. I absolutely will NOT inquire about it, it's off only by $150. I don't think such a small amount makes a difference, and I'd feel petty making a fuss.

But it got me wondering: at what amount would someone - should someone - inquire about a discrepancy? Has anyone ever done that?

8. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1617292166578645955059034601453.jpg 16172921912506664097482179281176.jpg 16172922070685928859456715829167.jpg 16172922524345770511268352452114.jpg 16172922761438725432354315208836.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 3
  9. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same itinerary. I arrived Wednesday. Walked over to Bellagio for Sadelles - that was my plan, not due to frustration with Aria options.

Is Salt & Ivy not open for lunch every day?

10. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wondering if I should pick up my rental car today or cancel it.....

About to leave the room... first time in my life that I'll be leaving one night's tip in the room for housekeeping..... thanks to VMB for educating me in this issue. PS... no envelope here.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jer

Jer I kinda did a thing...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn’t have an envelope there either. I just put it on the “welcome” letter and wrote thank you on it.

Are you rocking the sweet Aria mask? :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  12. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    RetriggerMe, yes, Salt & Ivy is open, but only until 2:00. So, from 2:00-4:00 during the week there are only two options available. Sadelles was good, just not what we planned. I had every meal planned out and misread Din Tai Fungs hours in my pre-trip research. But, I still think it is crazy to only have two options available at a property this large and with the number of people on property.

Btw, hope you are having a great trip so far. Good luck to you!

13. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not. I am wearing a Cosmo black paper. I find them very comfortable.

14. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think there's a conference of Service dogs and trainers... here at Aria or at least in town. I keep seeing guys with police credentials and dogs with service labeled harnesses.

Or maybe local agencies use Strip as a good place to train service dogs .

• Like Like x 1
  15. wagon b0y

wagon b0y High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

EEK. Even the burger lounge and pizza place are closed during the day? WTF I'm sure mgm will try to keep things at a minimum untill a lot of people start to complain.

Is valet open?

16. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    burger lounge and pizza not open for lunch during week apparently. Makes no sense. Plenty of people here. Don’t know about valet.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  17. Jer

Jer I kinda did a thing...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Valet was closed two weeks ago

18. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Look what materialized 1617310835361521526603243016402.jpg

• Wow! Wow! x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  19. wagon b0y

wagon b0y High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sweet. I'll be there in a little

20. dollface

dollface Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had that room a few weeks ago and loved it. Still not sure how we were lucky enough to get it on a comp. I agree the food options are not great including later in the night. I was disappointed I couldn’t get a burger or slice of pizza at 11pm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.