1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sterling Brunch at Bally's - from August 2017

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by DaiLun, Aug 10, 2018.

1. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excerpted from my TR August 2017

Then, the finale . . . Sterling brunch at Bally's

[​IMG]

Held at the BLT, we were scheduled for 9:30 but went over a little early to see if we could "sneak in". They let us in.

An interesting point of reference is that we stopped at a roulette and asked for direction to the Sterling brunch, and the two dealers looked at us like we were from another planet. The pit boss came over an told us "Oh. It's over at BLT (the steakhouse). I suggested to the dealers that they remember that, because it's one of the things that Bally's is known for.

So, since I don't drink, a lot of the Sterling brunch was wasted on me .. .

What I did do was eat about a dozen oysters, two lobster tails, two servings of caviar, crab legs, prime rib

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's the serving stations:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So, a final story. We're sitting at the brunch, and the couple to our right were from Philadelphia. The gentleman was a Video Poker player. I asked him "Hit any royals?" He looked at me and in very deadpan voice, said "No, but she hit 3", and pointed at his wife. It turns out that they were both Seven Star members. She hit two of hers on a three hand machine. I congratulated her. And then there was the Asian couple sitting next to them and the guy let me know that Sterling Brunch is now $125. Yikes!! Glad I ate there this weekend. Don't have to go again.

GGWU promotion (tentative)
    Day trip for Halloween Silver Strikes at QQQQ
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Bobandy

Bobandy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome pictures! Quick question, was there many people already there before 930? I booked a last minute trip and going solo next weekend. Hoping to get a spot for myself at the bar as a walk in.

3. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was a brunch for the 7* signature event so it was completely sold out. You Might luck out if you're going the weekend of the 18th, but the 7* signature event is the weekend of the 25th, so that weekend it is again "sold out".

GGWU promotion (tentative)
    Day trip for Halloween Silver Strikes at QQQQ
  4. Bobandy

Bobandy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the information, and yes it will be the 18th!

5. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well crap, that explains why it was book already a few weeks ago when I tried to see if there was an opening. Oh well, I’ll get to eat there some day.....maybe.

6. VivaSladeVegas

VivaSladeVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went on Sunday, August 5th. Here are some tidbits that may be of interest.

The price was $105.

As usual, it was showing no reservations available a few weeks out. I was dining solo and I am a Diamond member. I walked up without a reservation at around 10am and was seated in about 10 minutes. There was a couple in front of me who arrived without a reservation. They were told they could go on the wait list and have a seat in the lounge or check back. I saw them being seated about 20 minutes after I was, so they waited approximately half an hour for a table.

I was looking forward to the Bloody Mary bar, but didn't like the base. A bartender mixes it for you, and they are taking time away from the bar to mix it for you. The garnishes were nice, but I would have liked to have horseradish, worcestershire, and a few hot sauces handy for them to shake in. I assume those items were back at the main bar.

The new procedure of having a Diamond Celebration dinner taken off of your card on site at the restaurant rather than getting a voucher was supposed to be in play at BLT/Sterling brunch. The waiter had no idea what I was talking about. I mentioned it when I sat down and he said he'd check on it. I don't know if he ever did, but when I paid he said it was all taken care of. Turned out he used my reward credits. Took a few afternoons to sort that out...thanks, asshole. The Harrah's TR desk once again confirmed that it should have been taken care of at the restaurant.

My favorite item was the lamb. Excellent.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. queuetee

queuetee High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know what this new thing with the reservations at SB is, but in all the years we have been going there, if you tried 4-5 weeks out, the time you wanted usually came up and you booked it. This past year, we tried for weeks with nothing showing as available. Finally, two weeks before we were to be there, one slot opened up while I was on so we took it. Just now, I tried again various dates in Sept and Oct and nothing was available.

Just as well-- as we were somewhat disappointed this past visit and didn't intend to go back.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. oghuman

oghuman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last May I tried to make a reservation several months in advance but nothing was available. My friend and I showed up at 9:30AM and I asked if I could sit at the bar. I showed my 7* TR card and they told me go in the waiting area and not long after we were seated at a table, I'm not sure my 7* card made a difference. Let's face it they want every table to be full. That's my suggestion, go at 9:30 opening time and you have chance of getting a table. I've eaten there about 5 times now and decided that $105 is more than I want to spend. I thinks it pretty good, though the lobster tails were OK, but not that great last time I went. I can afford it because I've got loads of TR points but how many lobster tails, crab legs, steaks and champagne will make you happy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m glad you liked it. I went one time (also for the 7* event). I’m not a huge fan - mainly because I’m not a big fan of lobster and I don’t like champagne with meals. I’ve chosen the caesars buffet each year since - I enjoy the greater selection.

7 Stars Signature Event
    New Years Eve in Vegas