1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Staying downtown for one night with kids?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by snowball, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if anyone mentioned, but at the south premium outlet (the old belz) there is a disney character store. It is located in the annex building at the mall, just look south of the mall and you can see the annex.

I like the disney store because they have a number of "joke" t shirts, usually close outs so sizes and availability varies. I picked up a number of funny shirts like, "bank of dad", "US Male" - notice the spelling. that shirt has the postal eagle holding a frosty brew. there are other parody shirts too, like a starbucks (I rather drink a beer) motif, miller (old geezer) beer and a few others.

the prices of the shirts range from a couple of bucks on up. I always get a good laugh at the t shirts when I visit that store.

there are also close out disney shirts and items, probably didn't sell that well at disneyland and so they try to sell them in a non disney area like vegas.

another thing, tuesdays is "seniors" day. people 50 and over get a discount on purchases at both premium malls. beware as not all stores participate in the senior discount day.

2. Fruth

Fruth Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just returned from four nights downtown at The Plaza. This hotel is a good option if you want to be downtown but slightly away from the noise and crowds...and drunk people. There is a pool and it was never crowded (mostly used by families staying at the hotel). But I get why your kids would like the Golden Nugget pool, it's the best one downtown. I also think Orleans is a good suggestion. We saw a lot of families when we were there.

3. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would actually recommend Sams Town...
    Away from the crazyness of the strip or Downtown...it also has a pool...ANND a movie theater and bowling alley, and a 24-hour McDonald's, lol...
    Not to mention the cool INDOOR laser-light show waterfall thingy.

4. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree; and don't forget they also operate free shuttles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.