1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Stanley Cup opening odds

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by chitownjohn, May 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great playoff hockey this year, both the Hawks and Bolts win game 7 on the road. Hawks are favored to win the series, and rightfully so as this team already has 2 cups under their belt.:nworthy:

Should be a great series with lots of scoring but in the end the win Hawks in 6 to capture their 3rd cup in 6 years.

Series opening line:
    Chicago Blackhawks -150
    Tampa Bay Lightning +130

Go hawks! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

2. zNaturaL

zNaturaL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've got the Bolts from back in April at 10/1. Go Bolts!

3. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tampa is preventing Hawk fans from buying tickets by limiting sales to people with a FL zip code. Also they are prohibiting Hawk fans from wearing Hawk jerseys (most of which are official NHL gear) in certain sections of the arena.

What a bunch of losers, now I hope the Hawks pummel them in 4 games so games 5 and 7 are filled with empty seats.

That's just bad sportsmanship, anyone else see this kind of behavior from a professional sports team?

4. zNaturaL

zNaturaL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought I heard Nashville did the same thing with the zip code. I don't see a problem with that.

The jersey stuff is kinda lame though.

5. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't say I've heard of a visiting team jersey restriction ("sweater" would actually be the correct term for hockey) but the ticket sale restriction, while not extremely common, has happened in the past on numerous occasions. The most recent example that comes to mind was a playoff game between the Seahawks and 49ers a couple years back.

I think it's more funny than anything, a total sign of respect to the Blackhawk fan base. The Lightning organization is essentially saying that they are worried that the Blackhawks' traveling fan base will outshine the Lightnings' home fan base, and make the organization and their fans look like clowns on national TV. "We want to make sure our players realize that it's a home game, so we better restrict ticket sales and Blackhawks apparel so our players don't forget where they are." LOL.

6. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you listened to the crowds in Anaheim after Hawks goals, there where quite a bit of Hawks fans. The Lightning might be outnumbered. This forum probably cares about the Lightning more than most because some people here have higher odds bets on them. :evillaugh

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  7. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ottawa did some crap like that against Montreal, that worked out great for Ottawa...

8. slotmanjack

slotmanjack Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tampa did that against Habs as well.

No value whatsoever betting this series. Just gonna watch from the sidelines.

9. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats what I am thinking too... that the books are just favoring Chicago because they need a favorite and Chicago's been there a few times in recent years.

10. Bigmac14

Bigmac14 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go Hawks go...

Big win last night..

11. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tweeted out during game 7 that the Ducks really needed to score to take the crowd out of it... :evillaugh

The thing about the tickets, in the time we live it, it is impossible to enforce. No one can stop the sales on the secondary market. Those people in FL buying those tickets, are just running to Stubhub to sell those tickets to Hawks fans at a markup. It just makes you look dumb.

You can prevent this by having more fans... the Hawks did not do this when they sucked in the late 90''s to 2007 when Wings fans filled the UC.

The worst thing was the Mayor of Nashville lampooning the Hawks fans traveling to his city, staying in his city's hotels and spending money in his city's bars.

There would not be this conversation if the Canadians, Rangers, or Leafs were in the Final. This did not happen in Philly or Boston in 2010 or 2013.

Well if the Leafs were in I am pretty sure hell would be freezing over... :poke:

12. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ben Bishop left last game with a "lower body injury", which was widely rumored to be a bad case of the shits. I guess no one told him not to drink the water down there in Tampa. The key for tonight's game depends on how his depends holds out. At any rate I see a load (of pucks) in the net tonight, go hawks.

13. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vikings used to do that when playing the Pukers. If GB fans wanted to buy a ticket for here they also had to buy a ticket to another Vikings home game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.