1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Spur trip day three

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Jer, Mar 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jer

    Jer Master, Master…

    Jan 20, 2002
    Southern California
    Trips to Las Vegas:

    My Trip Report

    I woke up at 9:00am with a pounding on my door to get ready for the Paris breakfast. Jesse and John had already been up and gambling, or losing I should say. They were still up pretty big, but I guess they lost a chunk playing $100 a hand BJ at Mandaly Bay. It was a quiet breakfast, and very good at that.

    After that, we ventured to the Sahara for some $1 craps. I really like this place and for $1 bets, you can't go wrong. This table was smoking after about thirty minutes of losing. We were even doing the "wave" at some point. I looked down and was up a hundred bucks. Not bad for sticking with $1 bets. I then looked at my watch and saw that we had been there for almost two hours! Time goes fast when you are having fun, you know how it goes. I guess I had tipped the waitress well enough that she would come to me first and double whatever I asked for. What a girl! I let the pit know I was asking for her to get a raise and he had a nice laugh and started a nice little conversation. It turns out we have some mutual friends in San Diego! He gave me his card and told me to call if I ever needed anything. What a find!

    We then went to the NYNY for awhile. This is the only real sour note on the trip. There was craps dealer who was HORRIBLE. It started to get ugly when I called a $10 yo "11", and I heard the standard, "you gotta bet." But for some reason this idiot said no bet, dice out and the 11 came up! The table got quiet and I wanted to get paid and he INSISTED that the dice were out. The stick called to pay me and he refused STILL. The pit ORDERED him to pay and if he didn't like it he would be taking a nice unpaid vacation. With a scowl, I was paid and I thought that was the end of it.

    I am a guy who believes in second chances. I thought I would extend my hand and let it go. He smiled and didn't shake my hand, I thought it might be because of cheating or whatever. But the next time the point was hit (a 4) I got paid 1-1 in the back instead of 2-1. I immediately yelled out, "what the %@#!?" and he said I must have grabbed the other money because he paid me directly! Everyone else got paid double in the back, except me. The pit motioned to someone to get on the phone and in a minute, there was another dealer and this ass was being dismissed. I really raised hell. I was sooooo angry that Jesse and John had to actually restrain me from going after the guy. I ended up filling out this "complaint" form and was talked to by a floor manager about what had happened. Nothing was ever offered to me, but it was all handled very professionally. I played for a little while longer, but I actually for once lost my desire to gamble.

    Dinner was at "Fatburger." Never tried it, and quite frankly I won't be rushing back! I was watching Jesse and John play some VP at the Trop for awhile, and at one point Jesse just froze. He was 4 cards to a royal 10, J, Q, K and a 7 of hearts. He looked at us and we said GO FOR IT! He dropped the 7 and got an Ace of.... Diamonds. Man our hearts were racing, but a win is a win right? Two presses later, he got the exact same hand in Spades. After the same long pause to get his breath, he dropped the 7 and picked up an ace.... OF SPADES! His first Royal!!!! And what luck, he was at $1175 so no taxes would be worried about! Too cool. After that I had to play for awhile, but I tried the 50 play one. This game is addicting. I played for about twenty minutes and just went up and down. I went in for $50 and went down to 12.50 and got back to $49. I quit and this would be the last bit of gambling I would do. Jesse and John stuck around and lost a couple of hundred more each, but for the whole trip they were looking good!

    I went to the room about 9:00 and watched some TV and went to sleep. At around twelve, Jesse called me and informed me that they would be flying home because of the flight refund that the Trop would be giving them. They had this plan that they would go to a travel agent in the morning and purchase tickets home and then bring the tickets to the casino host and get the money credited on the Visa. That meant a long drive home for me alone. I decided to get up at at 4:30 and get ready and leave. I arrived at my house around 10 am and was actually feeling refreshed after a long trip and drive! J and J ended up having to stay another night! They missed their flight and had to standby for the next two which didn't have any openings! Boy were their spouses pissed! I had a good laugh on that one.

    Thanks for letting me ramble! [​IMG]
  2. HurricaneMikey

    HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

    Jan 25, 2002
    One foot in Music City, one foot in Sin City
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Jer--

    I loved your trip report. It's always a good time to win a few $$$ and explore all the different casinos.

    I have never been into the NYNY, but all my buddies who have, have nothing good to say about the place either.

    Aren't spur of the moment road trips the greatest?

    Mikey's Ali-Like Return to the Ring for March Madness
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.