1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Spirit Airlines Question

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Sidekicknicholas, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was considering Spirit when Delta prices were so high. Luckily they came down a bit and I booked Delta. I do get Kayak alerts every day still for my flights (9/2-7) and Spirit is down to $183, while Delta hasn't budget from $360 for months. I would consider it for a future trip.

2. Stacks O. Purple

Stacks O. Purple Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The thing is that Spirit is really no cheaper once you add in all of their ridiculous fees. They just use a low base price to lure people in.

3. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What other fees are there. Carry on of $30, so $60 total. I don't care where I sit. I don't need snacks. What other fees are there?

4. Sidekicknicholas

Sidekicknicholas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was my logic... I can certainly get away with one checked bag and my tablet for a week's trip, and besides southwest every other airline is going to charge me for that checked bag anyway.... as for food/drink on the plane, if I know I'll be hungry I'll just pickup subway after security and be golden.

When I fly it is always to get from Point A to Point B after and/or cheaper than driving would. Spirit seems to do just that, no frills, no luxury... just a seat and some gasoline to get you where you're going.

5. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only other one I can recall is a fee to pick your seat in advance. Something like 5-10 each way if I remember.

6. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So with one piece of checked luggage, the fare is $243 on Spirit vs. $360 on Delta. Am I correct that Delta charges for checked luggage as well? You could bring a carry on with Delta but be restricted to size. I recently flew American and they charge for checked luggage, as does US Airways. American charges for seat selection. I was able to select a seat on Spirit the day before my flight at no charge.

Choosing Spirit over another carrier requires a bit of old fashioned pencil to paper comparison shopping and only you can determine whether the savings are worth some of the minor inconvenieniences.

7. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't get why picking a seat is all that big of a deal. As long as my travel companion sits next to me, thats all I care. The whole boarding ordeal at the airport is another thing that is a hoot to watch. They announce boarding and people act like if they aren't the first ones on, they might get "bumped" or something.

My last flight to Vegas something happened that did irk me, and it happens alot. I get to my seat, and the overhead above MY seat is being stuffed by two guys. Coats, laptops, carryons and then they close it, turn and walk to their seat 5 rows back and their overheads completely empty. WTF??? :grrr:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.