1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Spirit airlines from cleveland

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by golfer1903, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. golfer1903

golfer1903 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please tell me any good or bad on your experience with spirit to vegas

Im going from cleveland. But any would be good

On time. Hassles anything. Thanks

2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've flown Spirit, but not to Las Vegas.

It's about as cut-rate as an airline can be. It makes Allegiant look like a full-service airline. If they could charge you for the seatbelt, they would!

They do get you there and the service is friendly. One thing I find annoying is the live action infomercial shilling their stupid credit card which they do just prior to landing. Also, on one trip last fall, they were badmouthing Southwest to the degree of being unprofessional. :(

3. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I leave Sunday for Vegas from Minneapolis on Spirit....$42.11 Round Trip including taxes.
    I have the perfect luggage thats 16"x14"x12" so its free
    The flight from Minneapolis always has quite a few empty rows so I usually get a row to myself.
    I bring a empty water bottle through security and fill it with whatever I want before I get on the plane.
    I bring a large Corned beef and Swiss sammich on pumpernickel and assorted other treats and Munchies
    I bring my laptop with lots of movies with a pair of good headphones for my entertainment
    3 hours later I get to Vegas.
    I Love Spirit and at $42 rt I now can afford to go every month or so.

4. srudude87

srudude87 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done 4 roundtrips to Vegas on Spirit and haven't had any problems. No big delays, even in bad weather. 1 canceled flight but that was a small airport problem (Latrobe PA) and not Spirit's fault. As long as you know how they run things you'll be fine. Take a snack with you. They aren't too strict with the personal bag, I keep it overhead and nobody says anything. If you buy a bunch of stuff just mail it back, it's cheaper. Stop at The D with your boarding pass within 24 hours to get $50 matchplay (2 $25 plays). So you get matchplay and save some money for gambling, it's a good way to go.

5. motownbob

motownbob High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The main issue with Spirit is that the seating room is the tightest in the industry , 29 inches . By contrast , Southwest has 34 inches between you and the seat in front of you . If you are on the taller side , it can be very uncomfortable . Bob

6. golfer1903

golfer1903 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I got the first row seats which are larger
    Should i print by boarding pass at home before i go to airport. I heard theres a fee for that also if i do at airport

7. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, print your boarding passes before arriving at the airport to avoid the fees. I always print it at home on the way there and have the concierge do it for me on the way back.

Spirit is the best. They keep the other carriers affordable, too.

8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last I flew Spirit was last August (or was it September?) and I really don't remember it being cramped. I'm really not that large (I'm not exactly tiny either) but I did not notice that the seats were smaller or closer together. The one thing I did remember about it (due to a conversation on this board) was that my seat **DID** recline, at least a few inches. IIRC I had an aisle seat about 1/2 way back. Maybe it was one that had not been skrunched up to 29" yet? :)

9. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, there are a few seats that do recline in random areas. Spirit advertises that none of the seats recline, but I have sat in one that did recline a couple inches. At first I thought it was a dummy button. Thinking back on it, I feel really bad for the person behind me because those seats are already ridiculously cramped.

More than anything, I think the random reclining seats are a result of them purchasing used seats that have the recline function. If you fly on one of their newer planes, you won't see these seats anywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.