1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

"Spa" and other fees are getting complicated

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Tim Kern, Jul 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim Kern

Tim Kern Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to have confidence in most of the rate-finder crawlers (Expedia, Hotels.com , Trivago, etc.) to list accurate nightly costs at Las Vegas hotels. But since I was ambushed at checkout by hundreds of unanticipated "spa fees," I have taken to calling the prospective hotels before booking.
    Even then, the hotels are not always forthcoming about the fees, having to pay them, etc.
    I understand there are lists of various room fees' charged, but that also makes pricing the listings difficult, as some rooms are cheap, with huge fees; others are expensive, with moderate fees; and some are fee-free, but appear expensive alongside the cheaters.
    Question for the group: is there any room-finder that lists the REAL nightly costs (fees included, if they're being charged)?

2. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spa Fee? If you are talking about Resort Fees the Gym is included in that fee but not the Spa.
    The fee to use the Spa Facilities can run you anywhere from $25 to $40. This does not include
    a Spa Service such as a Massage etc. Resort fees are posted on the Resort website or Verbal.

3. Tim Kern

Tim Kern Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Different hotels call them different things. What I'm looking for is what a room actually costs. If the fee is included in the $150/night, then list the room as $150/ night, and say there's free wifi, pool, whatever. But if the room lists for $125 and doesn't include wifi, pool, etc, list it for $125.
    The problem comes when the room is listed for $125 and there is a <i>mandatory</i> upcharge of $25 for... anything, and you can't get out of paying for it, even if you don't use it. In that case, the charge should be truthfully listed -- as $150.
    "We'll sell you this new car for $10,000!" Then you go to the dealership and they tell you you have to buy paint, interior, tires, and a steering wheel, and out the door, it's $30,000. And no, there is no way you can buy the stripper.
    I'm trying to find what a stay <i>actually costs,>/i> not some fictional price that no one can get.

4. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are numerous threads on this Board concerning resort fees. I would review those

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The most common term is RESORT FEE. Lots of info here about that.

I tend to book directly. If there is no resort fee listed - call. There most probably is one. Check the list located here.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  6. Tim Kern

Tim Kern Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, all. I just wish the room finders would do the work we expect them to do, and list the real prices per night.

7. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sites like Expedia do list the resort fee. It will give a price and then say "excludes xx.xx daily resort fee" so you know to add it in when you check in. Were you looking for any specific place in particular?

8. Lil Lo

Lil Lo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    im curious to know what the "hundreds of unanticipated "spa fees were? maybe it will shed some light on why OP is so confused on how to book a room? I've never had any problems figuring out how much the room is going to cost me before booking or arrival, and I'm fairly certain that my 4 yr old could also figure it out with minimal assistance.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.