1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest's turn this time ...

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by dmr, May 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Apparent brawl in the cabin upon landing at Burbank.

Tune in your fave news station for details.

2. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw that too...this stuff is getting old!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This fuckin' bullshit is starting to get seriously hokey and fake, and staged... Man, we live in a soft, celebrity obsessed society where the dumbest and most brutish around us clamor for any sort of recognition, regardless how negative and violent that attention is, and will hurt anyone to do it. Tired of this nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With 2 million people jammed into long metal tubes each and every day - shit is gonna happen.

Yes, 2 million fly each day. So if only 1% are in a bad mood, that is 20,000 people per day. Actually amazing it does not happen even more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right plane landed with everyone happy isn't really newsworthy

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The recent spotlight shining on air-travel simply further illuminates what we have become as a society and how we treat and interact with each other.

We've become a Jerry Springer show!

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 6
  7. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uncivilized and barbaric behavior. Lord, help us.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. alanleroy

alanleroy Click my avatar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dude needs some puppy therapy. On second thought...he'd probably beat it too.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only problem with this sort of reporting is that we don't get a deep-dive into the essence of the altercation. What really started this? Seriously...what warrants swingin on someone when YOU'VE ALREADY LANDED! Trip over! Gotta go....cu round. We - you and I - will never see one another ever again. Arrivederci ! And you have to know, you have to know, that even if no one intervenes...the fight runs its course...what's gonna happen when you get off the plane? The Man is gonna arrest you.

However...we live in a world where there is no fear of being arrested! There are individuals who do not give a shit one way or the other about a criminal record. There is no social stigma associated with bad behavior! It's the twenty-first century equivalent of time out for adults!

Then again, there's a whole load of shit you can get away with on a plane that you can't get away with anywhere else. Why? Because the odds of getting a face full of 158 grain .357 hollow point is greatly reduced in the less-than-friendly skies. Wanna try this again when the glove compartment is in reach? Probably not. But that's us. It's how we act. Underscoring why I soooooooo prefer my hound dogs to humans. :nono:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was he ever feeding him some knuckle sandwiches! I for sure would have jumped in to stop that one, and I'm one to normally just observe from a distance.

11. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha, them was some Nolan Ryan haymakers right there, it cost him too as he was arrested for misdemeanor battery. I hope he gets more than just a fine...

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plane rides are usually boring as hell, not the end of the world if a couple guys duke it out.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Niteshade

Niteshade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow - he was whacking that guy good. Wonder what the
    other guy did to get him so riled up. That was some serious anger
    there. With all the airline security, etc. - I guess he didn't care if
    he was arrested.

• Like Like x 1
  14. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Entitlement is what causes this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And while my first post is serious and relevant, now I can't help but think they really took the famous Southwest DING! seriously.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few years ago when they kept adding more seats to already filled planes to make more money they did a study with rats. When you keep adding more rats to cramped spaces the rats got more hostile towards each other. They mentioned that the same thing happens on planes because the airlines keep cutting down your personal space just to add more seats and the passengers get more hostile as their personal space is invaded.

Add that to the current world where people regularly take out their cel phones to record any incident going on and posting it on the net and you have people getting more riled up about anything they don't like. In the olden days you wouldn't hear of incidents going on but nowadays everyone sees it on the net almost instantly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That will teach the the guy getting pounded for reclining his seat.

• Like Like x 2
  18. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a frequent flyer, I can think of many reasons that this could have started:

- Guy in row behind tried to get off first
    - Guy moved the other guys bag trying to his own
    - One bumped into the other and words flew, then fists
    - Guy touched his girl
    - Guy behind waited until landing and then told the guy in front he was too loud
    - Guy in front waited until landed and then told the buy behind he was too loud, or was banging his seat, etc

and the list goes on

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel bad because I plan to use the Burbank airport to Fly to Seattle for my Alaska cruise in July.
    Now we flyers are going to be checked out a lot more because of this problem fight.

I believe that those two young men had it planned out so one would go to jail and the other one would get money for damages from Southwest. They knew each other I am guessing and they didn't tell the gal that was screaming. She was saying "WHY"... over and over. All three knew eachother. It looks that way to me. When the bad guy was beating the other guy it should have been over after getting beaten up. But I really believe it was staged.

I noticed some the people were enjoying watching the fight. I noticed a lot of young people
    on the plane. The plane had two openings on the front and on the back. The plane was on the tarmack where people can just walk off the plane from the back and the front.

20. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I gotta ask...

I'm watching this video. And I'm watching the persons attempting (yeah...let's use that word) to break it up. I don't see a whole lot of effort on behalf of the other passengers. Very much in the Willy Wonka 'stop, don't, wait, come back' level of intervention. Just how much force would you use to get this to cease? Would you throw a NCAA wrestling move on one to get him away? Or is tugging on the sleeve about the extent of our interest?

OP/ED: I'd let them go. Law enforcement can deal with this. It's like domestic violence situations...you don't want the initial 1-on-1 to become 2-on-1 when you step in. Just me.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.