1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest red line warning: you can change your flight?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Multifarious5, Jun 14, 2019 at 12:21 AM.

1. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our flights to and from Vegas show a red line caution, that we can change our flights as they are having unexpected circumstances.

Has anyone had this? Is it tied to the flight cancellations VMB has spoken of?
    I've never seen this, and am not sure if I should change my flight...

PS this is late AUGUST, not now, so very odd.. .
    I 2019-06-14-00-23-25.jpg

2. HHFan

HHFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got this notice for a flight in the near future, not to LV though ...

It was only an hour change, but the flight number did change. Nothing was in red. Banner below the Southwest logo was blue.

4. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the same thing as HHFan. Just an extra blanket large enough to cover their booties in case flight delays and cancellations.

I changed my September flight dates and the warning popped up.

5. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the same warning for my August 31 flight. But as far as I can tell nothing has changed.

I’m wondering if they’ll just let me cancel and get a refund. Kind of fed up with SW lately.

6. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was this notice sent via e-mail or by checking on your flight status? Thanks.

7. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They changed my flight to Vegas for mid-August. I had a non stop and they switched me to one with two stops...it says we can change or cancel and receive a refund, so I might cancel it as I was looking at their schedule which they revised and it isn't great on my end...I may just try AA or United this time around.

8. Hollywood31

Hollywood31 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our July flight was changed to a later time. It gave the option of picking another flight, but we can't do an earlier one. Unfortunately, the flight they put us on arrives later and it's also the last one out of Midway for the evening. I'm not too thrilled about that because if it gets bumped, we have to wait until Sunday to get out.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SW is busy is recheduling to adjust for lack of MAX8 equipment.

** Keep in an eye on your flights

** Immediately login and look for options that work for YOU.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. HHFan

HHFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me, it just shows up in the app when you select the trip, no contact from SW. That’s why I believe this is a CYA effort for when they eventually have to make more changes as they finalize the shuffle and deal with the other bottlenecks that come up. My flight is still being sold, so why would I make any changes now?

11. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  12. stlguy197239

stlguy197239 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are only rescheduling through August because they have no idea when the approval will happen. I have a friend who works for Boeing and she has told me if the planes are in the air by next January it will be a miracle (despite the stories yesterday). The company is taking no chances and the FAA is being even more strict with them. Right now the airlines are holding out hope it is sooner so they are only redoing the flight schedules through August/September. I am a little surprised SWA is cancelling flights still since it has been quite a few months since the planes went out of service and they should have had all this worked out already.

Anyway, I looked at my booked flights for November and the one out of STL is supposed to be on one of the MAX8 planes so I assume when it gets closer to that date, I will see the same notice.

2nd Solo Trip in 2019
  13. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just called SW and she said she doesn't know why the warning is showing up for my flight. It wasn't ever scheduled to be a Max 8 flight. It's still operating as normal.

I will keep my eye on it though... Don't want any last minute surprises.

14. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Update all: So, the whole red line issue is because my flight changed FIVE MINUTES. So before I have been running for the hills in fear, check your follow up email, it might be small like mine, or @dmr.

Bubba, I found it checking my flight status. (I'm cheap and always checking to see if current flights are cheaper.) We bought on hubs' account, and he had a follow up email mentioning the five minute change :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. tyler42

tyler42 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This all may be a mistake by Southwest, or a blanket waiver to keep customers happy. Both of my flights in August were able to be changed at no additional cost to better flight times. The original flights were not cancelled and did not change times, so there is no obvious reason I was able to change them for free.

16. Robin W

Robin W Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the same thing with my Vegas flight in late August. It was changed by 5 mins. I took advantage and switched to an earlier more expensive flight. If it's to make people happy, it worked on me!

Work Trip!
    Solo Trippin!
  17. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the red line warning was just to ensure you were tall enough to get on the plane

Hanging with Pete
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Vegas28m

Vegas28m Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it happened to me and switched from a 8pm flite for $61 to a 12:30 flight

19. AlPal

AlPal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just looked and had red flags on every flight I have booked through October. I changed them all to better flight times for free. That works!

Laughlin Virginity
    July 5-9 Harrah’s and Golden Nugget
    • Like Like x 1