1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest Question

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by blkshirt, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    November 5th - 9th George Thorogood
  3. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe that upgrade would entitle you to a boarding position of A1-A15 only, not the other perks of a business select fare.

Wedding Anniversary trip
  4. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is what I thought. And truly, that is all I would be expecting.

November 5th - 9th George Thorogood
  5. LoveDowntownVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did it once. i was on "flight A" with EB pass, but changed to "flight B" the same day of the flight and was issued a C boarding pass. the flight was full and they said C boarding folks should gate check their bags. I was short on time so I bought the A1-15 pass and it was fine. I didn't get any perks, just a seat up front (and IIRC free drinks thanks to an awesome attendant).

6. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did on a flight from LAX to Midway (Chicago), I had just taken a volunteer "bump" and had $850 in vouchers for a CET paid trip. No way did I want to spend 5 hours in a middle seat, and it was an easy $40 purchase. You do need to pay with a CC, however.

Borgata Atlantic City - 2 nights comped
    (tentative) First HGS weekend
  7. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey just wanted to pipe in on SWA Vacations. I recently had one to New Orleans where the flight/hotel/car was the best deal, rather than flight/hotel alone. I have no idea how often such a quirk could occur, but there was some element of the package deal that made it work out slightly in my favor. (I couldn't get a Harrah's comp for whatever reason.) So I just no-showed on the car and Uber'd into the city because by the time I paid for NOLA hotel parking (it's kinda pricey there...$35 a day or something), I'd have been worse off.

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FA's can be so different. Our Feb trip, she never collected for our 2 drinks each. Then we flew home on Valentines Day and the drinks were on the house. Funny that is now considered a SWA holiday.
    Other trips, the FAs can be VERY persnickety and you don't get anything free. Our Dec trip one of the snacks was Oreos and I asked for two. No way, she said!

9. LoveDowntownVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, in December the FA saw my drink coupons sitting out, and she said "If those are expired, dont even try." clearly they were expired as I've been using them about 3 years since the other FAs before her never took them!

10. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the whole SWA/Valentine's Day "deal" is a tie in with the Heart/LUV branding of the airline... and extra Oreo's? The nerve!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.