1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest pricing down

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by jpw711, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Dante

Dante Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right. I think I started from the main page and clicked the dropdown “manage reservation”. From there I put in flight reservation. Then maybe I did have to click ‘change flight’. But at some point it allowed me to click on the arriving or departing flight. I did them one at a time. From that point it is easy and obvious. You are looking for - (minus sign) in front of $ or points.

2. bruceb

bruceb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless things have changed, that is crazy low out of CLT. I remember the "good old days" when CLT (with US Air) and CVG (with Delta) would battle for the most expensive airfare designation. Not sure if things have changed much with the AA/US Air merger, but since Delta merged with Northwest CVG have become the least expensive airport in the region.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  3. Vegaswanderer

Vegaswanderer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it still easier to rebook flights after prices go down if you book your outgoing and returning Southwest flights seperately? I have done it that way for over a decade now but I was wondering if that is still as necessary with the SW app and any system updates.

4. eliza

eliza VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still book all of my Southwest flights as one ways because I find it easier to manage them that way.

Thanks for the heads up - I rebooked two flights. I only saved $28. But it's still "free" money.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had some luck checking SWA

I had failed to purchase Thanksgiving tix, and then they were outrageous. But I checked and $430 one-way fare was suddenly $180 last Friday and I snagged it. Then it was $165 next day and I rebooked. Still paying double-triple normal price for flight to LAS, but its Thanksgiving. Noteworthy... follow up checking shows all flights on the day in question back up at $430. Somehow, I just got lucky with timing.

Also got an Oct flight down an extra $10 while checking

Starting the Holidays Right
    It's been 39 months!
  6. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI received an email about another limited time companion pass promo that ends on the 9th.

I may cancel and rebook, hopefully they consider use of travel credit as a revenue flight?

https://www.southwest.com/html/rapidrewards/companionpasspromo.html

Offer ends 9/9/2021–don’t let it pass by!

Here is how to receive your Promotional Companion Pass:
    1. Register and purchase a round trip or two one-way flights by 9/9
    2. Travel by 11/18
    3. Companion flies free*Does not include taxes and fees from $5.60 one-way. Limited time. Restrictions apply. with you 1/6/2022 – 2/28/2022

• Like Like x 1
  7. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just canceled my flight and rebooked it to use it with this promo. Flight is sept 19 and still pretty cheap from MkE to LAS

8. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes cancel and rebook should be Ok, just not a change to existing. Need a new conf #

One night ---first time Aria
    Likely final stay of 2021--Wynn or ParkMGM dep on offers
  9. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you kidding? He could "gift" everybody on VMB 50.00 and he'd still have plenty!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. TJC

TJC High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes

11. ATLMM

ATLMM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doesn't seem to make a difference anymore, round trips have the same flexibility as one way trips now from what I can tell. I can change or cancel either flight without affecting the other. You have the option to select one flight or both, if you find that only one flight went down in price but not the other you can back out of the change and just start over and select that single flight.

Though I think that the progression in their software to edit separate flights the has also eliminated an old unofficial benefit of booking a round trip flight... it used to seem that any change (even a flight number change) could trigger the ability to edit either flight at no charge. Now it seems they only allow a free change on the flight affected, and flight number changes don't trigger it anymore.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  12. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I spent a good chunk of time cancelling & rebooking flights to take advantage of
    the good offers over the past week, and airfare price drop.

One offer, did anyone else get? I was told if I did a R/T before Nov. something, I could keep AList for another year.
    So rebooked an exsisting flight for that. I've been AList for too long, and would miss it.

13. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Email offer or in your account offer?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it in my rr account. Mine says two R/T flights before Nov 19.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    Tool, Round two
  14. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SW sent me an email. Didn't check my RR acct., but maybe its there.
    Mine was book One R/T or Two One ways.

15. Skyler

Skyler Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flight number changes DO still trigger it. I just got an email last night about a flight number change on one of my Dec flights and I could have changed it.

16. ATLMM

ATLMM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got an email like that too last night saying I could change my flights because my flight number changed (and I hated my original flight so I've been waiting for this moment, lol), but when I tried it none of the changes were free . Whereas my friend had his return flight change times, stops, and number (outbound flight stayed the same), and he can only change the return trip for free.

17. thebeachbum

thebeachbum Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked my November trip to Vegas last week for $49 each way plus qualified for the companion bonus promotion for a January/February trip.

Losing too much at the local. Time to lose in Vegas.
    Love the Cal.
  18. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SW has a glitch in their system, which is why I book far in advance and, among other reasons, exclusively use them when I can. For my trip 2 weeks ago, I booked it end of May I believe and, no lie, the next day there was a negligible change to it so I was able to change it for free. I moved my flight, which at the time was $380 or something, to a better flight with earlier times, and would have been $600. No fee at all.

I've done this numerous times with SW and, given that they constantly are changing de minimis things in their flights these days enabling me to make one change for free, what you pay initially isn't necessarily what you'll pay at the end of the day.

19. mgvegas

mgvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the heads up. Saved about $100 worth of points on my return flight!

20. Skyler

Skyler Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Darn, I didn't realize you couldn't change it. I didn't try to change mine because that's the flight I wanted anyway.