1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest opens October for booking with a nice surprise for we Albany folks

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by dewey089, Mar 8, 2018.

1. dewey089

dewey089 Guru of Value

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booking possible on Southwest thru Nov3

Booking just opened up for October on Southwest and there was a nice surprise. The direct flight from Albany NY to Vegas used to be a great deal. Then they dropped it. I found it again on October 16th for $188. I might go and use the Tristate Shuttle to get me to and from Laughlin. http://www.laughlinshuttle.com/

• Like Like x 2
  2. ski-doo_rider

ski-doo_rider Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice! Sadly they got rid of the Direct Flight a few years ago from Manchester, NH. All flights to Vegas are one or two stops with a plane change :(

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  3. Military Mike

Military Mike Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been searching for flights from Boston or Providence to Vegas, for 2. Nothing I can find is less than 800 total. Should I wait or pull the trigger? This is for the end of September beginning of October.

4. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing tirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me as well from Austin. Low fare calendar shows 136$ Each way as lowest. That's about 60$ an hour. Prefer more in the 40-50$ range.

We will keep checking but especially around birthday time for swa (June 18-21st or so). Good luck.

Hot? Not in July~~~~~it’s just drier.
  5. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    did you try bradley? i got rt ns for $379. check with georgianna at reney tours.

6. Military Mike

Military Mike Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bradley? Where is that? Im coming from either Boston Ma or Providence RI

7. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just a bit north of hartford...windsor locks to be specific.... take the pike east to exit 6, 291 to 91 south exit 47w...
    i have my cars auto pilot set to that... lol

8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If that's $200 per person for each leg, that's not horrible. If it's a JetBlue non-stop out of BOS, that's not a bad price at all. If it's for Southwest, and you think you'll be able to use any Travel Funds you might end up getting from re-booking, go ahead and book.

I almost never pay $200 for early morning Southwest flights BOS <-> LAS, but I fly on Saturdays a lot, which along with Tues & Weds, is often a cheap day.

If you're flying on a Tues, Weds or Sat, you'll probably be able to get it cheaper than $200. With Southwest, you have to check every day though, there's no way to set up alerts, they don't let any aggregators into their system. And because they don't do any non-stops from BOS, getting a good price often depends on a price change in a single market that will be your connection. So you can look at all of the flights for the same date, day after day for months, and all of a sudden a single route will drop dramatically for a day or two.

The last couple of years, Southwest has been disciplined about standing and standing and standing on really high prices for a really long time, but eventually they crack.

I still check every day, but looking on Tuesdays and (weirdly) Saturdays are the days I've most often see price drops happen.

ETA: I see a lot of sub-$200 Southwest fares at decent flight times for BOS <-> LAS in Sep - Oct today 3/13. They're having a 3 day sale.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Military Mike

Military Mike Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. I would do a Saturday through Thursday but I work Thursday through Sunday. I can only get one day off.

10. ski-doo_rider

ski-doo_rider Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prices have come down a little for me. Has been above $400 round trip Thurs-Tues but today it is $370 Would love to catch it below $300, but I'm not very optimistic. If it gets to $300 I'll jump on it. I miss the days of $99 one way direct flights to Vegas from MHT!

11. mrubs4

mrubs4 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah buddy! I did a trip last September and spent 2 hours at Denver on the way out and 2.5 at Midway on the way back... it was not cool. Between driving to the airport and getting there an hour early then landing and getting to the hotel and checking in, it was a good 12 hours from home to hotel. I was so burnt out I went to bed as soon as I got up to my room.

Hopefully the fares stay low for a while too. I'm going in a couple weeks for $355 roundtrip... it's no $220 like when I first started going but it sure beats the $400+ it's been for quite some time now

• Agree Agree x 1