1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest not allowing online flight change?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by jgates8, Apr 5, 2020.

1. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I originally was scheduled for this week (can’t bear deleting countdown timer lol). I had cancelled that but had already booked a separate trip for early May on Southwest.

Tonight I figured I might as well admit defeat and cancel or change it. However when I try to do it, it tells me my ressie can’t be modified online. I have to call. Similar to message displayed if you are looking at a host booked ressie at CET,

What am I missing? Is there currently no online changing of flights on SW?

2. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I cancelled my SW flight, also for May, the other day so this is new. I was able to do it on both the app as well as online, but chose to do it online as I'm always wary of if apps. Once it cancelled, it immediately re-generated my points to my account (and 9/11 fee refund). I would wait until tomorrow and try again, I do not think this is a new policy otherwise they would go from being the easiest airline to cancel, even during regular times, to one of the worst which I don't think is the case. If it persists into tomorrow, then perhaps it's due to volume.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m going to try now. I’ll get back with in a minute.

Garth Brooks! Allegiant Stadium.
    Son’s 40th Birthday.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok. I just tried on my June 15th trip and it was letting me cancel or change. I went as far as I could go until I got to the step where it actually cancelled. Is that when it came up, if you actually did it? Maybe it was just a fluck?

Garth Brooks! Allegiant Stadium.
    Son’s 40th Birthday.
  5. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I am close to canceling for May too. I will wait til May 1 before I do, but it’s not looking good.

July 25th - July 30th
    September 8th - September 13th
  6. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys. I’ll give it a few days and clear my cache before I try it again. Not like it needs to be done immediately on this one.

7. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder if it has something to do with the flight being changed by them from original booking. I didn’t receive any notification of it but I started with MSP to OAK to LAS. Now it’s showing MSP to DEN to LAS. Return still via Denver but completely different flights. A bit surprised that I received no automated notification of the changes.

8. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its probably that. There could be a lot of explanations. But just call them and they will change it for you. Shouldn't take more than a couple minutes

• Like Like x 1
  9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WN (Southwest) is in the middle of some massive schedule changes right now. Folks are having trouble even canceling some flights. If you are not in a hurry to make the change, wait a day or so.

I recently changed some okay, canceled some okay, but have one that shows in "My Account" but I can not cancel or change it.

10. unomas

unomas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last night I tried around midnight and it didn't work. Tonight I tried and I was successful

11. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's the special number to make this happen in a couple of minutes? When we had to call SWA, it's usually been a hold nightmare.

12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Based on what I have read elsewhere - if you do get through, the agent might not be able to access that record either.

Unless you are flying in the next weeks (good luck with that) - just wait it out.

13. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    888-737-1006. Granted, I am A-List Preferred and I don't know if that has something to do with it. But I have called that number nine times in the last 20 days to make flight changes and the longest call, including wait time, lasted five minutes.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Roccoscollar

Roccoscollar High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been changing my flights online with no issues. Some with points, some with ones I paid for, etc. I've got 3 potential trips (would like to hit 2 of the 3) held via airfare only. May, June, and July. The prices were so cheap I wanted to lock them in with the hopes that we open for business.

Can I please go to Vegas again????
  15. Crawfordesquire

Crawfordesquire Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm on hold with Chase ultimate rewards as I type this, over 4 hours and fifteen minutes. Rebooking flights.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  16. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called up last Friday to make a chance (got an error message from both the website and the app) and it said there was a 92 minute wait. I think after 60 minutes I was connected to an agent. Wasn't horrible, just put my phone on speakerphone and did other things.

Using Up My Wynn Slots Gems
    Vdara? Caesar's?
  17. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those who have called, does SWA not give you the option to have them call you back like they used to?

Surely this won't go Kaput
    birthday degeneracy
  18. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And, as a data point here, I just got a notice that my flight had been cancelled. {dot dot dot} One that I cancelled about two weeks ago! :)

19. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately they didn't have this option, at least when I called last week.

Using Up My Wynn Slots Gems
    Vdara? Caesar's?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. birdman925

birdman925 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm waiting for them to cancel my flight so I can get a credit to my charge card and not a credit to be used on SW. 26 days until we are supposed to fly.