1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southpoint Sept. 8-11

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by CaptCampion, Sep 6, 2019.

1. CaptCampion

CaptCampion Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Well, I'm a few hours early to get into the 24-hour pre-trip window but oh well. Going to Southpoint for 3 days with my buddy Scott from Texas. We both have a lot to celebrate. His mom beat cancer. I was driving my daughter out to Nashville and we ran into an elk with her car and totaled it. Could have been much worse. Daughter's singing career is gonna be big tho. You'll have to keep an ear out for her. :)

Plans?

Drink through the alphabet, day 1. Starting about 6am. Bet on football games (I'm taking Rams, Lions, Seahawks). Lots of video poker and bad food. Wander the strip to see what's new. Catch up on life.

If I'm ambitious I'll post a picture of each drink as I have it. And each royal flush.....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 3
  2. Nohitter1217

Nohitter1217 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cant wait!

3. cunningja

cunningja Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck! We'll be at SP next week, can't wait!

4. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow you both are very lucky. Did this occur in TN?

5. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sept. 8-11 too. Just got my 24hr boarding pass.
    Luck comes in threes, so you should have a good trip. Go Eagles

• Like Like x 1
  6. CaptCampion

CaptCampion Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, in Montana. We left PDX about 6:30pm on a Saturday. We hit the elk about 3am, 15 miles across the Idaho border into Montana, which is about 90 miles west of Missoula. Standing dead center in the middle of the road, lengthwise. Braked....got a lot of speed of....hit it maybe going 35mph but still enough to do that. Oddly enough (and luckily in this case) the airbags didn't deploy. We realized we were unhurt, but definitely shook up. The complicated part was figuring out how to continue the trip. She had her whole life packed in that car because she was moving from PDX to Nashville. So we couldn't just rent a car. Well, there weren't any cars in Missoula anyway. Apparently this time of year, everyone flies to MT and rents a car to drive up to Glacier National Park. All three of the rental car companies said they wouldn't have anything for several DAYS for us. So next option is U-haul. Well we thought we could just get one of those small vans....all we needed for the small amount off stuff she had....but apparently the vans are only for in-town, not state to state. So smallest option we could get was a 10-ft truck. They didn't have any in MT. The u-haul rental people took pity on my daughter because they could see the ordeal we were going through and they gave us the only truck they had, 1 15-foot truck, for the price of the 10-foot. Still $1300 plus gas to get to Nashville from Missoula. And pretty terrible gas mileage. But we ended up getting to Nashville right when she'd planned to, and we have quite the adventure to talk about. Lots of funny little things throughout the ordeal, but I'll save those for another time. Oh, here's how "packed" the uhaul was......

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
  7. Bobby B

Bobby B Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just eat at South Point, that way you won't have to deal with bad food.

• Like Like x 1
  8. marcianofan

marcianofan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder why Uhaul only rents those vans for local use, I tried to rent one a cpl years ago to take my daughter to UNLV and had to settle on the 10ft one! Looking forward to hearing about south point, often thought about staying there but never have.

9. cunningja

cunningja Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    marcianofan, we've been staying at SP for years, and love everything about it, the rooms are nice and big, the restaurants are great, and the gambling is so much better than the strip. The wife an I aren't high rollers, but my host takes great care of us, we haven't paid for a room at SP in years. Upcoming trip is 7 nights all comped, plus FP and RC.

Good Luck!

• Like Like x 1
  10. CaptCampion

CaptCampion Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here. We LOVE Southpoint, and they are very generous with comps. Love all the food. Clam chowder at the oyster bar can’t be beat. Great VP

11. CaptCampion

CaptCampion Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  12. CaptCampion

CaptCampion Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    D6FDE430-C16B-4489-B5E3-5B48BFF199F7.jpeg “A” is for Apple Crown Royal. I was going to have an Alabama Slammer but this bar had neither the sloe gin nor the southern comfort. And the bartender was busy so I didn’t have time to think

• Like Like x 1
  13. CaptCampion

CaptCampion Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2FB31773-F8B3-4AE3-A189-D67B50F4D11C.jpeg B is for B-52. And also for boarding, which I’m about to do

• Like Like x 3
  14. drfishalot

drfishalot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Diggin it

15. CaptCampion

CaptCampion Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1F3375D3-BC25-4D66-A6D4-A06A783FA1EC.jpeg C is for Crown Royal on the plane. They only came around once on the two hour flight. Oh well. Just landed, time to kick the tires and light the fires big daddy!

• Like Like x 3
  16. CaptCampion

CaptCampion Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DE718C64-3185-47DE-BE99-BC386A15E0D3.jpeg D is for Duck Fart

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is that?

Can I just move here?
    3 weeks. Yikes!
  18. TrewBrew

TrewBrew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck. Going to follow along just for the alphabet drinks.

Fall Spectacular...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Following. Have a great time! I am looking forward to learning more about different beverages. :)

MIchael McDonald, Luxury Shopping & Winning Mega More at Wynncore!
  20. Bobby B

Bobby B Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto. Got a five nighter coming up in October and another three in December, rooms comped up front for a $10-15 blackjack player.